“Great hotel”

Ranked #15 of 101 Hotels in Palermo
Dublin
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 15, 2006

We arrived at the hotel and were amazed at the quality. Our room had a proper double bed and the bathroom was excellent. The hotel staff could not be more helpful and my compliments to the bar girl who made the nicest Latte i have ever had!!

The valet parking was very useful as palermo is not the most car friendly of cities. There was an excellent restaurant two minutes away and the hotel booked a table for us.

The only gripe i have was that my girlfriend did not have a full length mirror to see how her oufit matched!! needless to say, it didnt bother me.

• Stayed September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank balkanhawk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
shanghai, china
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in July 2006 and was very happy with the location, service and the room. I would classify it as a small boutique hotel with a modest, classic style. It's very close to Teatro Massimo and Teatro Politeama and within walking distance to most major sites. There are a lot of small parks around the hotel so it adds to the quaintness. The internet access, both wired in the room and wireless in the lobby, was a bonus since I have to stay in touch with clients, even when on vacation. The rooms were peaceful and clean and the bathroom was spotless, not too large but not too small. Everything was just right. I particularly liked the garden area in the back of the hotel, which was nice for relaxing with a drink after a day of walking around. The piccola colazione or "small breakfast" was taken in the garden and it was a nice way to start a day. Small note about the breakfast: as the name suggests, don't expect an enormous spread, but you'll find enough of a selection to get you started for your day. The concierge was helpful with restaurant recommendations and they found me a great car/driver for the day trips I made outside of the city. Overall, it was a good value for the money. I suppose there are nicer places to stay but for the money, Hotel Ai Cavalieri was everything I could ask for. I will surely go back there when I return to Palermo.

• Liked — the garden
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything that I didn't like
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 21, 2006

This hotel has a good location for walking to the main sights in Palermo. The hotel is very attractive and well maintained. The staff were very helpful and spoke good enough english to get the job done. They were happy to help with any of our requests re airline reconfirmations, restaurant rec's etc.

We had requested a non-smoking room but got a really stinky one. They were very pleasant about changing rooms (although it would have been nice to have gotten it right the first time).

Pros -- they had us park out front as the guarded parking lot was closed for Easter weekend. Therefore, no parking bill. The bed was terrific. Bathroom was a little skimpy on hot water but was large and well appointed. Breakfast, garden bar staff were very friendly and courteous. It was pretty easy to find/drive to.

Cons -- Some tour groups use the hotel. Groups of Americans can be noisy and obnoxious. We had Mary Green's tour for the hard of hearing alongside us one night and were not sorry to see them go. Breakfast was a little odd. They put out stuff and when it ran out, tough. So if you don't hit opening time (7:30) forget about scrambled eggs. Still, there was more than enough of the typical German style cold cuts/cheese etc plus good breads, cereal, fruit, yogurt and my cholesterol count probably improved by missing out on the eggs. It was all good.

We didn't think that much of Palermo after having seen other places in Sicily so I doubt we'll ever be back. If we did, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank dave820
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2005

I stayed here with two friends in April. The hotel did a nice job accommodating the three of us. We paid for an extra bed to be in the room. The room was quite large with an alcove (almost the size of a small room) with the extra bed. It was very comfortable. The hotel was recently remodeled it is lovely. The neighborhood is great too.

Stayed April 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2005

A charming and comfortable hotel located in a historic district. Just remodeled 2004. Next to San Fransecso church. Great location walk to everywhere.Try Italy's Best Western price is right.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member