“Wonderful hotel”

Ranked #17 of 101 Hotels in Palermo
Milan
“Wonderful hotel”
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Nice, area in Palermo, just in the city center.
The hotel is new with beautyful and clean room.
The breakfast is great ! a big choice with quality food.

Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Vincentwega81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brescia, Italy
Reviewed September 6, 2008

Very nice hotel. Close to Politeama square, one of the main square in Palermo. Not so close to railway station (but not so difficult to get to by public transportation). It's not so easy to recognize because it's not the tipical "hotel block" but it's an old building recovered. This gives it a special appeal. The rooms are not so large but the furniture is very good. The cleaning service is very fast and good. The staff is professional but also very friendly. Good support, very quick service. The breakfast is served in the breakfast garden: very nice tent in the back of the hotel. The only problem is that you're not going to receive the tipical sicilian breakfast but in general it's a nice continental one. But it doesn't really matter. In 2 minutes walking you can reach Piazza Politeama. In 10 minutes walking in town center.

• Liked — Very nice bedroom
  • Disliked — They don't serve the tipical sicilian breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bazza78
NYC
Reviewed October 31, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Ai Cavalieri. We loved the location and the hotel is charming and boutiqish. The front desk and concierge were extremley helpful. The breakfast was very good. We highly recommend this hotel for individuals and small groups.

• Liked — Style
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank MaureenNYC
Albuquerque
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I booked the BW Ai Cavalieri Hotel in Palermo for my husband and myself (both in our 60's)in June, 2006 through Active Hotels for 3 nights, September 20 through 23, 2006. We received confirmation for a double room in June by Active Hotels and also on July 11, 2006 directly from the Ai Cavalieri (at our request). When we arrived we were told they were booked for September 22, and had made reservations for us at another hotel. No regrets nor explanations were given and we were not treated very nicely even though the mistake was theirs and the reservation had been confirmed since June. They said they had e-mailed us in mid-September, but we were already traveling in Italy and did not receive the e-mail. I asked if they would pay for a taxi to transport us to the other hotel and they refused.
I realize that mistakes happen, but Ai Cavalieri treated us as if we were at fault. The staff was not apologetic, nor friendly. We will not recommend Ai Cavalieri to our friends.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — rudness of the staff
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank mazanne
Dublin
Reviewed September 15, 2006

We arrived at the hotel and were amazed at the quality. Our room had a proper double bed and the bathroom was excellent. The hotel staff could not be more helpful and my compliments to the bar girl who made the nicest Latte i have ever had!!

The valet parking was very useful as palermo is not the most car friendly of cities. There was an excellent restaurant two minutes away and the hotel booked a table for us.

The only gripe i have was that my girlfriend did not have a full length mirror to see how her oufit matched!! needless to say, it didnt bother me.

• Stayed September 2006
1 Thank balkanhawk
shanghai, china
Reviewed August 29, 2006

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in July 2006 and was very happy with the location, service and the room. I would classify it as a small boutique hotel with a modest, classic style. It's very close to Teatro Massimo and Teatro Politeama and within walking distance to most major sites. There are a lot of small parks around the hotel so it adds to the quaintness. The internet access, both wired in the room and wireless in the lobby, was a bonus since I have to stay in touch with clients, even when on vacation. The rooms were peaceful and clean and the bathroom was spotless, not too large but not too small. Everything was just right. I particularly liked the garden area in the back of the hotel, which was nice for relaxing with a drink after a day of walking around. The piccola colazione or "small breakfast" was taken in the garden and it was a nice way to start a day. Small note about the breakfast: as the name suggests, don't expect an enormous spread, but you'll find enough of a selection to get you started for your day. The concierge was helpful with restaurant recommendations and they found me a great car/driver for the day trips I made outside of the city. Overall, it was a good value for the money. I suppose there are nicer places to stay but for the money, Hotel Ai Cavalieri was everything I could ask for. I will surely go back there when I return to Palermo.

• Liked — the garden
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything that I didn't like
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 21, 2006

This hotel has a good location for walking to the main sights in Palermo. The hotel is very attractive and well maintained. The staff were very helpful and spoke good enough english to get the job done. They were happy to help with any of our requests re airline reconfirmations, restaurant rec's etc.

We had requested a non-smoking room but got a really stinky one. They were very pleasant about changing rooms (although it would have been nice to have gotten it right the first time).

Pros -- they had us park out front as the guarded parking lot was closed for Easter weekend. Therefore, no parking bill. The bed was terrific. Bathroom was a little skimpy on hot water but was large and well appointed. Breakfast, garden bar staff were very friendly and courteous. It was pretty easy to find/drive to.

Cons -- Some tour groups use the hotel. Groups of Americans can be noisy and obnoxious. We had Mary Green's tour for the hard of hearing alongside us one night and were not sorry to see them go. Breakfast was a little odd. They put out stuff and when it ran out, tough. So if you don't hit opening time (7:30) forget about scrambled eggs. Still, there was more than enough of the typical German style cold cuts/cheese etc plus good breads, cereal, fruit, yogurt and my cholesterol count probably improved by missing out on the eggs. It was all good.

We didn't think that much of Palermo after having seen other places in Sicily so I doubt we'll ever be back. If we did, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006