I stayed twice in this Hotel, on business trips to Palermo.
This is a very good Hotel, that managed to keep its classy charm over the decades. Service is efficient and with that old-school "savoir-fare" that truly makes a difference. Breakfast is very good, and the bar and restaurant areas have a charming atmosphere.
The rooms are large for italian standards, well decorated and reasonably well equipped. Rooms safes are large enough for most laptops.
The Hotel is located close to a number of nice restaurants, and not far away from the older, historic area of Palermo (some would say walking distance, others would recommend a short taxi ride).
On the negative side,a few small issues:
- in spite of its charm, this is a city Hotel with no outdoor areas. The nearby gardens compensate for this, but if I were on holidays with my family I would probably opt for a different type of Hotel.
- WiFi is paid and of reasonable (but not good) speed.
- in both stays the cleaning ladies made a lot of noise around 7h30 in the morning, talking loud with each other in front of the rooms. This is not acceptable, especially taking into account the remarkable quality of service I noticed in general.
- in both stays the Hotel tried to charge one or two minibar itens I did not consume. Careful at check-out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Palermo Excelsior is located in the Liberty style area of the city and is surrounded by the English Garden, Villa Garibaldi, Villa Trabia, close to the shopping area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Palermo Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Hilton Palermo Hotel Palermo
- Hilton Palermo
- Mercure Palermo Excelsior Sicily