“Disappointing, needs to be improved.”
Review of Hotel Posta

Hotel Posta
Ranked #27 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I booked this hotel, trusting the good rate in the websites. It was a 7 nights stay but I ended up leaving the hotel after the third night.
I liked the idea to stay in a place that gives you the "home atmosphere", but unfortunately I felt very uncomfortable, mainly for two reasons:

1)There is no fridge in the room. That means that there is no chance to have fresh water always available and the only way, is to call reception and they sell a bottle of half liter for 2€. Please be aware, that in Palermo this kind of price is unacceptable!

2)The breakfast offer, is a bit poor. What they call "buffet", is actually a small table with croissant, bread, two bowls of canned fruit, some cornflakes and juice. That's it!

When I told the reception that I decided to leave, after the managers discussed on what to do for my case, they told me that either i have to pay a penalty equal the price of the seven nights stay or they proposed me to move to a 4* property related to them, paying 10€ extra per night.

With this kind of talks, I felt even more disappointed, because, I actually made a reservation through the website booking.com, choosing the tariff that allows modification/cancellation with a penalty of one night, and in the hotel they where not even aware of this contract conditions. Very poor performance from them in this case.

The staff in general, try its best to be always courteous.
I liked very much the head of reception (maybe Clarissa her name, not sure), she gave me the feeling to be very correct and professional.

At this point I would like to say that, this hotel has a lot of potential to be one of the best for its category, but it definitely needs some improvements, to justify the room rates.

Either the hotel makes the price lower or implement some services.

Regards,

Annalisa.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Anny307

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I had a really nice single room. It was big, clean and friendly. The stuff at the front desk was excellent. Also the stuff at the breakfast always friendly with a smile and an espresso doppio, which was excellent :o)
I can recommend the hotel 100%

-Katharina Lehner

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katharina L
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great value for your money and the people were really friendly. It was the nicest hotel we stayed at during our honeymoon. We traveled to a lot of places in Italy and Palermo was the friendliest place of all. The people at the front desk really do all they can to help and Palermo is cheap compared to other places in Italy. Fully recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days. I picked it up just for the very affordable price, and I was very surprised for the quality of services. Room not too big, but very comfortable and clean. breakfast goodand abundant. staff really friendly and always ready to help.
definitely a good choice

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Manuel L
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have been loving Palermo, and this hotel gave us the possibility to visit it in a perfect way.
Its strategic position was useful when going to city center, to the train station and to the fantastic beach of Mondello! This beach is fantastic and actually very easy to access from the Hotel, if you go in Palermo during summer you cannot miss it. Just ask to the hotel staff how to get there, they will help you. About the hotel, room was great and silent enough for me, my wife and my baby. We loved having breakfast there and talking a bit with the director who gave us good tips for reaching the best place in the city center. We loved also the "S. Rosalia festa" in Palermo.
So, great Palermo and great hotel Posta.

Room Tip: We got a room in the first floor and it was nice and calm
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Marco D
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a family vacation. This hotel was very dark inside. There was little light in the rooms and this may have been to cover the old dirty furniture and rooms. Furniture included plastic chairs that you could buy for 8 dollars and you would use in the backyard.
The breakfast did not include protein and there was a bug on the table that displayed the food.
There was also an issue of security in the rooms. I would not reccomend this venue.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank nanc91753
Posta77, Proprietario at Hotel Posta, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are absolutely surprised to receive these comments (three comments
very similar in the same week, written with the intention to destroy the
image of our hotel in a serious way, in direct contradiction with what
others guests write every day. We write this in order to protect our
future guests and we are sure to ensure an excellent service.
We trink that probably these negative comments have the objective to
receive back the cost of the room, as refund, as envisaged by the
contract with your tour operator.
We regret that this site is used for commercial purposes, contrary to
the purpose of the trip advisor website.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was not my choice so I had go along with it. Hotel is small, rooms are for my taste poorly equiped and small, bathroom was in poor quality and cleanliness. Since it is Italy expect lot of noise from street. Breakfast was poor, not bread just croissant?!? Only good were staff, very friendly.

Room Tip: Look for bigger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

We are absolutely surprised to receive these comments (three comments
very similar in the same week, written with the intention to destroy the
image of our hotel in a serious way, in direct contradiction with what
others guests write every day. We write this in order to protect our
future guests and we are sure to ensure an excellent service.
We trink that probably these negative comments have the objective to
receive back the cost of the room, as refund, as envisaged by the
contract with your tour operator.
We regret that this site is used for commercial purposes, contrary to
the purpose of the trip advisor website.