“More Than We Expected”

$144.23*
Erice and Segesta Day Trip from Palermo with Sicilian Food and Wine Tasting
$106.97*
and up
Private Transfer: Palermo to Taormina with Villa Romana del Casale and...
$144.23*
Agrigento Day Trip from Palermo
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour of Sicily is a local fully licensed Tour Operator that offers private and collective Day Tours, Shore excursions and scheduled escorted Tours all around Sicily
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife Cathy and I went on the Tour of Sicily with Tradizione Tourismo, during the first week of September 2013. We started out in Palermo, and ended in Taormina, and I would recommend doing it this way, as Taormina is truly "The Cherry on Top". The hotel accommodations, the restaurants and the various day trips around Sicily were fantastic. I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed this tour. The only misleading statement in their brochure is the reference to the "light" lunches. No such thing! The lunches were so plentiful (and so good) that we were still full at dinner time, and had to eat lite nearly every night.

Our tour guide Giuseppina was really special. She was very knowledgeable about the history of the country, the politics, the historic sites, the food, and just about anything else you wanted to ask her. She provided for of all our needs, acting as our guide, our driver, our translator, and even as our negotiator when necessary. It was obvious to us that everything she did for us and the others in our group was really from the heart. By the end of the week, we felt like she was a real friend.

Sicily is an amazingly beautiful country, and I would absolutely recommend Tour of Sicily with Tradizione Tourismo to anyone. This has been an unforgettable experience.

5  Thank Frank_T_1952013
Tour_Management, Manager at Tour of Sicily - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hello Frank_T_1952013,
many thanks for your nice words and appreciations. We will be very pleased to share your review with Josephine and with all the staff who have handled the tour services.
Hope to have you again in Sicily with us.
Regards

Reviewed October 21, 2013

When I travel to Europe I usually do all the arrangements myself as well as all the driving. Somehow, I could not seem to “get a grasp” on Sicily so I decided to go with an agency to arrange everything, and my husband and I were certainly glad we did. After reading reviews on TA, I decided to use Tradizione Turismo and I could not have been happier. After contacting Valy and telling her what I wanted, she arranged a wonderful itinerary, suggested the hotels and provided us with an exceptional driver, Tony, who was with us from the beginning of our trip in Palermo until he dropped us off in Taormina. Much of what we did we never would have found on our own: the wonderful lunch at the Agriturismo olive oil producer, the winery not far from that, the water mill near Ragusa. In addition, we will never forget the extras Tony found for us: the exceptional chocolate store in Modica, where we were not even scheduled to go, and then lunch at the fish market in Catania, a real slice of Sicilian culture. We opted to hire a driver only and Valy scheduled guides for us in selected locations such as Agrigento, Piazza Armerina, and Siracusa. All were excellent. Tony left us in Taromina, but Valy arranged a wonderful all day tour to Mt. Etna and the nearby Gambino winery where we had a superb lunch while sampling the excellent wines. Thank you to Valy for everything (and also for arranging the return of my camera which I left at a winery on the third day of our trip and which was sitting in my hotel room in Siracusa two days later! Luckily I had a back up camera so was still able to take photos at Argrigento and Piazza Armerina.) Five stars for Tradizione Turismo!!

4  Thank FayFay908
Tour_Management, Front Office Manager at Tour of Sicily - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hello FayFay908,

thank you so much for your nice words and has been a pleasure assisting you also on your camera case ....
We are looking forward to have you again in Sicily with us or ...

Regards

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We spent 12 wonderful days touring Sicily thanks to Valy who arranged our trip and Marco our driver/guide. Marco is so much FUN! and added so much to our experience in Sicily. Not only did we see fantastic site like the temples in Syracuse and Agrigento, the not to be missed Via Romana del Casale, and the cooking class in Taormina at al Melograno with Massimo, but an understanding of the culture and politics. I could go on and on about our trip and all the terrific experience. A private tour is the way to go and highly recommend Tradizione Turismo . Thank you Valy, Marco, and Joseph.

1  Thank Themh
Tour_Management, Manager at Tour of Sicily - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Hello Themh,

thanks a lot for your review and appreciation of the services arranged.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Sicily is stunningly beautiful. A different vista around every turn. What made it more special is our independent tour we planned with Tradizione Turismo by Chat & Tour. Our year long journey of customizing our 2 week vacation with Valerie came to fruition when we were graciously met by our Tour/Driver Escort, Vincenzo, in Palermo. From the moment we walked off the plane in Palermo to our last evening dinner, Vincenzo made us feel like family and not clients. This trip was magical and perfect in every way. Nothing we did was ever written in stone. Vincenzo highlighted everything which we had agreed upon in our itinerary and then some. Every evening prior to leaving us at the doorstep of our hotels, he would go over our plans for the following day. He tailored our itinerary according to the weather and adjusted as he saw fit. He always touched base on the choice of our sites and villages. but added more of a personal out of the way countryside experience each day. He included areas of Sicily large tour buses could never reach. This company truly spoiled us. From the behind the scenes planning with the patient. accommodating and reassuring Valerie to the professional and caring manner in which Vincenzo treated us, I highly recommend this Tour Company by all means. My only regret is that they do not handle any other part of Europe. I only hope my friends and I will be able to find another company such as Chat & Tour for our future travels.

1  Thank 125MariaC

Hello 125MariaC
thank you so much for your feedback and review. Mr Vincenzo has been really happy to spend the days with you and your fellow travellers and he has a great memory of it.

We really hope to have all of your Group again in Sicily with us.

Warm regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had a wonderful experience with this tour company. Starting with Valerie and all her help booking our tour, flight & car.Valerie always answered our questions right away
Second Josephine our tour guide was fantastic.She was helpful and was always making sure we were all enjoying our tour.Josephine helped us get our lost luggage and the last day of the tour she walked us to the car rental company and made sure everything was set for the car rental. She was awesome.
Third the two hotels we stayed at were very comfortable and the food for our lunches were excellent . The highlight was the olive factory lunch
everything on our tour was first class. I highly recommend this tour

1  Thank memepepe

Thanks a bunch for your nice review and has been so great working in cooperation with you to define the tour and services.

Warm regards from a sunny Sicily