“great budget hotel”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #61 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we stayed here for one night before a week in cefalu and for one night afterwards. It is a friendly place, a good price (50 euros per room) , very clean with lovely shower rooms and we felt very safe. Its a great location for all the sites and for travel to and from the airport and the railway station as it is less than 5 minutes walk from the airport bus stop and the main railway terminus. The people who run this hotel are superb - helpful, friendly and warm and the breakfast - delivered to the room - is great. I would recommend this and I am likely to stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank threejaysanddaisy
There are newer reviews for Hotel Italia

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We spended one night here before leaving back to home (via Cefalu). So perfect location for us close to railwaystation and airport bus! Also good spot for some last minute wandering in a streets (Vucciria, shopping, dining, sea).

Furnishing at room ascetic, but high ceiling with decorations and beautifully tiled floors compensated this all! Efficient A/C. Kind people and service (breakfast to room included:-)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank File101
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place! The service is fantastic, the man and woman who run the place (I forget their names) are wonderful, very helpful, eager to please, and clearly take a lot of pride in their business. The man also speaks perfect English, which was so helpful, especially as I have never been to Sicily and speak little Italian. When I made my reservation through a booking website, I expected a hotel, so I was so pleasantly surprised to find they bring made to order breakfast to your room every morning at your reaquestex time!
The single room is of modest size, but has a double/ full bed that was very comfortable. The en suite bathroom is very clean and appears to have been remodeled within the past few years. I also had a great view from my room and was able to see the duomo from my window.
The hotel is in a great location, barely a 2 minute walk from the Palermo centrale train and bus station. It was very easy to find and close to the major attractions. It's on a large street, which made me feel safe when coming back at night (no going through dark side streets or alleys) but since it was on the fourth floor, there was no city/street noise.
If I ever come back to Palermo, I will be sure to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank KatherineC18
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I stayed here on my last 2 nights in Sicily and it was a great way to end a great trip. I had never stayed here before, but because I had a VERY early flight I decided to be close to the bus stop. It was well-reviewed, but not enough could be said about the service, comfort, value and pleasure that Hotel Italia provides. Dario could not have been kinder or more considerate of his guests; he really helped me out with a problem w/ the airlines. Made to order breakfasts?? Delivered to Bed?? Not the usual attributes of an extremely budget priced hotel; more like a 5 star accommodation!! Granted, the place is dated, but everything else about this place is money. I wouldn't even look elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ROSE S
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Whilst not luxurious and basically furnished, the room was clean and pleasant, and the service friendly and helpful. Breakfast in bed was great and the location is very central. Given the price this place is excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

The staff is amazing, friendly...
The room was a single room w/ a full sizes bed; the bathroom (private) was clean with all the toiletries...(the shower kinda a tiny...heheh)
The free Wi-Fi will work better in the sitting area...
When you check in, they asked you to choose your breakfast, it which will then be brought to your room in the morning...you choose the time....how about that!!!
Love this place...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Regular visitor to Palermo but my usual hotel was full so I read the reviews for Hotel Italia and gave it a try. Completely happy with our stay, nothing was too much trouble. I particularly liked the breakfast being delivered to your room, nice touch. The hotel is a 5 min walk from the main train station and has a lift, which is refreshing for those of us who are used to dragging suitcases up many flights of marble stairs in Italy! The owner's son, Dario, was extremely helpful and speaks fluent english, so there were no mis-understandings. I will definitely stay at Hotel Italia when next in Palermo as they made our stay very easy.

Room Tip: Hotel is on one of the main roads in Palermo so if you need lots of sleep ask for one of the rooms n...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends