Eurostars Centrale Palace
$109
Hotel Bel 3(Palermo)
$66
$64
Casena dei Colli(Palermo)(Great Value!)
$84
$583
$546
Travelocity
1,096 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantquattro cantilovely old hotelold world charmcentral locationbreakfast roompublic roomsmarble floorsstaying at this hotelantique furniturehistoric hotelthree roomspalatine chapelprivate terracereception staffwithin walking distanceold building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at the Centrale Palace for my first night in Palermo (because the Ambasciatori where I stayed the next 8 nights was booked). My room was a bit run down and the bed was so-so. The included breakfast was outstanding -- but otherwise there was nothing special to recommend.

Room Tip: I guess some rooms have been updated -- so my review might have been more positive had I gotten one of those
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Loved every minute !! Can't wait to return ... The rooms the people the city ... All quite amazing !!! Cool staff - I didn't really like em :P tho they were friendly but I found them rather annoying ... Cleaning staff are supper friendly and really good - rooms are to die for and the balcony !!!!! Breakfast was good ( I only woke up once during my 8 day stay) all in all an epic experience - can't wait to return !!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Apparently, this hotel has older rooms and recently renovated rooms. My overall rating may have been higher had we been assigned a renovated room. We were assigned an older room, Rm. #410. The room was in need of refurbishing. But, the bed was comfortable, the lighting was bright in both the bedroom and in the bathroom, and there were sufficient electrical outlets to charge our electrical devices. Our bathroom had rust and chipped paint; there was mold and the water pressure was weak. The towels were thin and there was no clothesline in the bathroom.

There was free WiFi in the lobby. (The router is located in the bar.) Those opting to pay for WiFi access in their rooms will find the signal to be weak and erratic. Limited English-language TV stations: BBC, Bloomberg, and CNN.

The elevators were small and slow; we often took the stairs. The buffet breakfast was the best breakfast buffet we had during our 12 night stay in Sicily: There were boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon, smoked salmon, cheeses, breads, fresh fruit, cannoli, etc. Don't expect "American" coffee to taste like the coffee we drink in the U.S. Opt for another hot drink.

Located a half a block away from the Four Corners in central Palermo, our hotel room faced a noisy street. Across the street and down an alley is a wonderful, inexpensive restaurant: Primi Piatti Ristorante. A few blocks away is an area with Indian restaurants.

If this review was helpful, please check "Yes."

Room Tip: Ask for room in renovated section of hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank SDAG
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our first stop on a three-week trip to Italy was Palermo, and the Centrale Palace Hotel was a terrific place to start. It's low key, but wonderfully Italian -- they even offered Prosecco at breakfast! It's not luxurious, but it is comfortable and elegant, it has great food, and the staff are very helpful. Our first night was rainy and cold. The hotel apologized that the restaurant wasn't open that evening, but we had a lovely meal in the bar area. The next night we ate at the rooftop restaurant, and the meal was wonderful. I would assuredly return to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suzy F
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This old aristocratic residence from the 18th century still keeps some impressive remains in the lobby, centrall hallway and dining rooms full of marble columns, frescos and statues. But as the public areas were impressive, the rooms, not at all. Small and simple compared to the luxury of the lobby. The staff, a mix of good and bad. Some helpfull, others appalling. The breakfast was ok, but not to the standard of 4*
The parking is down the alley and very tight for a medium car.
Overall not a good value for money.

Room Tip: Front rooms are very noisy so pick a room in the back.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple