5 people are viewing this hotel
$66
$63
$66
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$63
Priceline$66
ZenHotels.com$70
1,886 results
All reviews pool area botanical gardens facing the sea nice pool noisy road business hotel enjoyed my stay late check old town on foot pastries city cosimo centre kettle port balconies
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2019

My partner and I stayed at the NH Palermo for one night on our tour around the island of Sicily.

While the hotel is well located and has a fantastic pool, which is well taken care of, the rest of the hotel is in dire need of an update.

The carpets in the hallways do not provide a good first impression - they are old and dirty - a little hoovering would improve this substantially.

Our room was also lacklustre. Wallpaper was peeling off the walls, there were holes in the bedding and the floor was covered in hairs from the previous guests. I complained about the state of the room and asked if it could be cleaned again. While at first they didn’t seem to want to help, questioning my expectations when I had only booked a standard room, they did ensure this happened before we returned to the room later that afternoon. There may have been a slight language barrier, hence why I’m resisting being too scathing.

During our stay, I also asked for an iron in order to press my outfit for dinner but was told it was against hotel policy to provide them. If I wanted to iron my dress I was informed that I would need to pay for the hotel laundry service. I can’t understand why they have adopted this approach - it seems unreasonable.

Unfortunately, this is not a hotel I would recommend. I know we would never plan to stay here should we make a return trip to Palermo in the future.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kezzles33
nhpalermoc, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at NH Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2019

Dear Guest,
I would like to personally thank you, for the trust given to our hotel, NH Palermo, by choosing us for your stay in Palermo.
With regards to your comments, we have read them carefully and would like to inform you that all the feedback given is the most reliable method of monitoring the service we offer and to improve the issues that need to be developed in order to achieve our guest’s satisfaction and to provide an extraordinary service. This comments will be highly valued for next actions to be implemented. Please receive our most sincere apologies for not having been able to cover your expectations.
we are continuing with renovations including changing carpets in the corridors.
We hope you give us a second chance. Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2019

This hotel turned out to be a good choice for us as a party of 5. It is not centrally located but it is in a vibrant and historic area of Palermo in the Kelsa district. We chose this hotel chiefly because it was reasonably priced and had a pool. We had three adjoining rooms on the first floor. Palermo is a crazy city and in July it was very hot indeed. It was nice to return to the cool of the hotel and its pool. The hotel grounds are not extensive but nice. The pool was a tremendous asset. Breakfast was really good although a bit busy and chaotic at times. We are used to someone seating us for breakfast in Italian hotels. On some days it was a free for all. The air conditioning was most welcome as was the fridge and kettle in our room. We found the hotel staff (reception) helpful and courteous. Our Italian is hopeless but their English was quite good. Weekends are relaxed with fewer staff. Our rooms appeared to be in a newer part of the hotel. We had to walk through a dingy corridor in the older part of the hotel to get to our rooms. We had a balcony but with a single plastic chair and no table which we thought odd given there were two persons in the room! It appeared somewhat unfinished and the balcony floor was dirty. The room cleaner worked very hard to cover all the rooms in our section of the corridor. We had some issues with the lighting as all the lights came on in the middle of the night and this happened more than once and our toilet flush had to be repaired. This was taken care of immediately so I can say that the hotel is very responsive. My impression is that the hotel is a little short staffed at times and has renovated on the cheap. That said, all in all it was a perfectly satisfactory stay. It is situated near to the botanical gardens and the harbor with sea views. We recommend a visit to Museum Steri and to Cefalu by train. There is a lovely cafe around the corner from the hotel-right turn out of hotel and right again. We recommend eating a the Quattri Mani restaurant which is about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The food was lovely. Just a word of warning- taxi fares are ridiculously expensive (there is little competition) so get fit before you go!
The hotel might consider extending breakfast to 11am in the summer and extending pool time from 7am-8pm.

Room tip: The more modern part of the building
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa M

Dear Guest,
First, let me show you my sincere gratitude for taking the time in sending us your review through ….. and for the trust you have placed in our hotel, by choosing it for your stay at NH Palermo.
On behalf of myself and all the staff, thank you for the compliments you have reserved for us in terms of service and hospitality. We are confident of being able to make you live all the extraordinary about this place and I did it with professionalism and attention.
About the moquette in the corridor we inform you that soon will be replaced.
I hope to welcome you back again soon,
Kind regards

Reviewed July 13, 2019

I love that it had a pool that I used. I wish the pool were open a little later. The staff was very nice and helpful. The breakfast was good. Restaurants were nearby. Most of the staff spoke English. They were doing some renovation when I was there so maybe it will be better next time.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
2  Thank RMF R

Dear MrsRaquel,
I hope to welcome you back again soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

During the month of June this hotel was relatively quiet. I stayed with a friend for a week although I feel we stayed a little too long as we didn’t have a car to travel around.

Whilst at the NH hotel we booked a room with a balcony. We were located on the 3rd floor and some rooms were being renovated therefore the corridors were dusty and dirty with workmen and furniture in the corridors.Our room was small and if you sat at the dressing table to put your make up on your friend or partner wouldn’t be able to walk around the bed to get to the balcony - therefor you had to crawl over the bed to get to the other side of the room. Unfortunately the air conditioning within the room didn’t work. We felt we were being mugged off as in every occasion we were given false hope of it being repaired or an excuse as to why they couldn’t repair it there and then. On the second night we were offered a different room which was a lower standard than what we had paid for which we refused to accept. After 5 days of waiting for the air conditioning to be repaired with no success I demanded to see the Manager who apologised and placed us in a beautiful suite with a lounge and a good view from the balcony. I requested compensation and they offered us a meal and paid our mini bar.

I suffer from prickly heat and air conditioning is imperative as it helps me recover. I’m still cross regardless of the upgrade as 5 days of my holiday was ruined !

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank fvella
nhpalermoc, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at NH Palermo, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

Dear Guest,
ow we have resolved the problem of the air conditioning, everythink is now ok, sorry again

Reviewed July 2, 2019

After a month travelling in southern Italy we wanted a hotel in the centre of Palermo with car parking and a pool. We wanted to relax before a very long flight home to Australia. There is car parking outside the hotel and the pool is excellent although it closes very early at 7pm. But despite paying for a superior room with a sea view my first night was very difficult as there was no a/c and the room was impossibly hot. My son's room had no wifi. So we both changed rooms: his new room had wife but had inadequate a/c; mine had no wifi. This soured our attitude to the hotel. The management were clearly trying to fix problems of this sort as a number of celebrities were due to stay later in the week for the RAI music festival held in the park opposite. But there was a sense of management chaos; at breakfast a person came around the tables checking if we had paid for breakfast; but not every day! On the other hand we had great service at the table and by the pool from two excellent waiters, Costantino and Marco. If only the rest of the hotel was as committed to good service as they were.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
2  Thank Eric M

Dear Mr Eric,
we also inform you that we have fixed the problem with the air condition and also with the wi fi signsal, that is much more hard.
sorry again for the impression the part of our staff give to you usually we are muche more attent.