“NH hotel”

NH Palermo
Ranked #24 of 98 Hotels in Palermo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. Our room was clean and modern.Breakfast had a good chioce and the breakfast area was large all the guests had space. The swimming pool area was nice and the room has a couple of english speaking tv channels

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We arrived late at night after having made a booking on Hotels.com. Somehow, when we checked in, it seemed that we had booked a double room with two single beds. Obviously, this wasn't quite what we had in mind for our honeymoon, and we were disappointed. The hotel staff saw the problem, and after pointing out that it was not their mistake, they really worked hard to fix the problem for us. We had a fantastic meal in the hotel restaurant, and when we were finished, they had sorted out the problem and given us a complimentary bottle of Prosecco. The new room was amongst the best they had, with a sea view, great double bed and a large suite.

The whole trip was simply wonderful. The hotel is well situated, a nice walk away from the main centre of town. The breakfasts were great and the general standard and service level was superb.

We would not hesitate to return and are very grateful that the staff helped make our honeymoon fantastic.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have beautiful sea views, but the balcony is probably not big en...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here from 2nd to 9th September 2013. Our room 453 was clean and judging by the other photographs it is one of the newer rooms in the hotel. However the toilet was leaking and has been for a long time as the tiling was stained and the flow of water has caused the wooden floor in the bedroom to swell in the area around the ensuite door. As this was obviously an issue for a considerable period of time and the hotel wasn't bothered to repair it, I didn't bother complaining. If a 4 star hotel cannot sort minor repairs without complaints from guests it doesn't deserve it's rating. The bedroom corridors had dated and badly stained carpet.
The buffet breakfast was average for a hotel of this rating. The bar was very expensive. Some of the nearby restaurants were literally half the price of the hotel bar. They do however have an offer of a glass of local wine for €2 which was great value, but combined with cheese it costs €5 but the cheese it minuscule.
There was a constant flow of airline staff staying at the hotel. The hotel to me seems more geared towards a business hotel and prices its bar and restaurant towards those on expenses.
The pool was well maintained and had a permanent attendant providing towels for the loungers. The pool was adequate for a coiling dip whilst sunbathing.
Personally I wouldn't recommend Palermo as a tourist location, and would not recommend thus hotel as a tourist hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am afraid that our Holiday was virtually ruined as we intended our first Holiday for many years to be a poolside relaxing Holiday, which turned into a nightmare the minute we arrived at The NH Hotel, Palermo, to find that the pool was closed. Despite the website stating that it opened on 25th June for the summer season. This opened on the day before we were due to leave. I complained on check in to the receptionist Cosimo.

In addition, I had some of my clothes taken by room staff.They were in a bag, but not anywhere near the waste bin, so should not have been touched. I reported this to the housekeeper via an interpreter, but to no avail.

Furthermore, we sat on our balcony to have pre-dinner drinks & my youngest Daughter came onto the balcony shutting the door behind her.This locked the door to entry from the outside with no way of alerting any hotel staff. I ended up scaling a two metre screen to climb into one of our other rooms in order to alert hotel staff and gain access again to our room as the key was inside. Again, reporting this fault in the door fell on stony ground.

I requested a substatial refund of our Hotel cost to be declined by the assistant manager. BEWARE!!

Room Tip: Find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

It have a good NH middle Class Standard Hotel in Palermo. There was a friendly Employee at eception and fast CheckIn. We spend 2 nights there and can say, that it is a clean and clam Place. The Location was good, due lost of Shops and Restaurants have been there not far away. Nice decorated Breakfast Buffet. Choices of hot Beverages have been good. There was also Swimmingpool at the Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariobeachvolleyball
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I never really write reviews on the hotels I stay in but I felt I needed to let people know how terrible everything about this hotel is. Not only is it an hour from any tourist spot it costs 20 euro to get from the train/bus station which is only a 5 minute drive away. The bathroom was tiny and the view from the "balcony" was literally a wall. The bed was like sleeping on concrete and there were other British people staying there and they also agreed the pictures and descriptions of the hotel was very misleading. On top of how bad the room was the pool was not even 10 foot wide and barely 20 foot long. There is nothing that should make you go to this hotel and if I could give it -5 stars I would. The staff were also very rude to guests who didn't speak Italian. Trust me fine anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Pete L
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Supposed to be a 4-star hotel. While the majority of the front desk staff were really friendly and helpful and the public areas of the hotel were presentable, the room was nasty: Marks on the carpet, stains on the ceiling, holes in the curtain, mould in the shower... The TV reception was poor so the majority of the channels were snowy and the internet was so slow that it was essentially unusable most of the time. Based on this hotel, I would not go to any other NH hotel in the world! Some reviews mention the parking - The hotel offers secure parking for EU11/day, but just give the "boys" fifty cents or one Euro and leave it right outside the hotel and I felt the car was perfectly safe!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family