“One-Night Stay in Palermo”

Hotel Palazzo Sitano
Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Palermo
Sicily, Italy
“One-Night Stay in Palermo”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Good hotel in the heart of historical Palermo downtown. Very close to major cultural attractions, while it remains a little further apart from the main shopping district of the city.
The entrey level room has a good size and we found the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was not spotless clean, but overall all we found it acceptable.
Breakfast was good, served in a spectacular room with an antique colonnade. We di not try the other hotel service, apart from the valet parking service, which is a little bit expensive, but necessary if you have a car and do not want to leave it unguarded in the street.
At night time the surrounding of the hotel are full of nice restaurant and pubs, full of life and entertainement. We tried Antica Focacceria San Francesco for dinner, and we would reccomend that to other visitors.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Dolphin76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed only one night but it was lovely. "Designer" room but a bit dark as it was on the internal side of the walls, lighting was a bit too designer! Any longer and I would ask for a larger room with walk-on balcony.
The breakfast was STUPENDOUS, good choices and very attentive staff.
The building was really wonderful; spacious without feeling lost.
So close to the sea front and marina, and also good restaurant choices, and a fairly easy walk (with suitcases) to the central station.
- I would stay again....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Tim N
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights in this hotel. It was very good and for all the conditions the price was low. The room was great and the staff friendly. One thing that we didn't like is that even if we put on the door "do not disturb" the cleaning lady entered to do our bed.
The breakfast was very good and the location is very centric.
Definitely will stay there again on our next visit in Palermo.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nina B
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I went for work, just one night, some interesting architecture, nice spacey modern room. Very close to a happening piazza and many bars. Close to the sea. Very kind staff. Would stay again. good, good, good, good, good, good

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jakub Z
Cholargos, Greece
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Beautiful hotel, helpful staff and breakfast of very good quality and variety. The location is just in Palermo's nightlife center (soundproofed rooms, no noise bothered us). The room was spacious and relaxing, with a very nice decoration.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andreas-Vasso
Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Perfect, if you're not too picky, but, well, I am sometimes.

Pluses overwhelm, very new hotel, perfect location, nice design and ambience, cozy rooms, very nice bathrooms (my favorite rain shower is here as well), good service, very good value for the moneythe first impression is: wow, what a place!
But small details come next: plumbing work in the showers not really up to the standards of such a hotel, constantly lacking towels in the common area bathrooms, drawer handles that just fall off, beds looking way better than it actually feels, when you lie down.
Really, overall I got very positive impression on the hotel, but it just seems to be trying to show off, rather than really deliver what is needed.
Beware of the paid wi-fi too, really a weird thing for me in the second decade of the XXI century.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank pataphysicus
Perth
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Arrived on a Saturday a little earlier than check-in time. They locked our bags in a room and we went walking around town for a while. The hotel is located in the old part of the city, so it has a lot of beautiful old buildings within walking distance from the hotel, and some cheap and tasty local food.

I came down with an extremely bad case of allergy (hayfever) that morning which lasted the entire 3 days we stayed at the hotel. So anyway we eventually checked in and went into a very nice modern room on the 3rd floor, with 2 windows facing the street (Via Vittorio Emanuele). By this time I was in a very poor state and went straight to bed. Around 9pm I had a rude shock when the nightlife outside began. The hotel's website mentions soundproofing of the rooms. Ha! Not true. The music and cheering of the people at the club outside across from my room just got louder and louder, and eventually stopped at 4am. I didn't sleep at all that night.

Next morning (Sunday) I asked staff if the club would be open again that night, to which they said yes. I asked to therefore move to another room, which thankfully they managed to sort out. I moved to another room on the other side of the hotel, on the 2nd floor, which was fairly quiet except for when the maids were chatting to each other in the hallway, which was no big deal. I finally managed to get some sleep while I was bedridden for the next 2 days.

By Monday morning I was feeling heaps better, but unfortunately we had to check out that day. Upon checking out, my Mastercard kept getting declined. Luckily my backup Visa worked. I still don't understand why my MasterCard didn't work, because I tried it in a shop later and had no problems.

On returning home I looked at the hotel bill, and realised they charged me for several uses of the minibars from both rooms. I hadn't even touched their bars! So paid an extra 16 Euro for nothing (about $23 AUD). Thanks guys. I blame myself for not paying more attention to the bill at check out, but it was in Italian so that probably had something to do with it.

Lastly, the staff were generally professional but not always friendly. Although I have to say I did get along with the chef guy. He couldn't speak English but in another life I reckon we would have been good mates.

Although this is a 4-star hotel, I would not come back. I recommend anyone who books here to make sure you request a quiet room away from the street.

Room Tip: Definitely request a quiet room away from the street, otherwise you will have nightclub noise in you...