“Great spot”

Ranked #37 of 101 Hotels in Palermo
St. John's, NL
“Great spot”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We upgraded to the junior suite and it was huge with a lovely big bathroom and tub - we booked it through the hotel's own website and got a great deal compared to the other hotel booking sites.

The complimentary spa/turkish steam bath services are just lovely. What a treat. My friend too advantage several times but I was so happy with the huge bathtub in our room that I just stayed there.

Very central in Palermo. The breakfast is fine but the coffee they put out is really the worst coffee we had in all of Italy! But you can order cappucinos or cafe american...whatever you like...so don't feel you have to drink that yucky stuff. It really does taste like bad instant coffee.

Our suite was very big and modern, so we were comfortable, but this is not the place to stay if you want something that retains the character of an old palazzo. This place doesn't have any of that - all is a more modern look, but it is perfectly comfy and in a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beachlovah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have just spent a week in this hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to couples wishing to stay in Palermo. It appears to have been renovated quite recently; the rooms are on the small side but are very clean, comfortable and modern. Breakfast is extremely good and offers a very wide choice of hot and cold food. The location is excellent - about 15 minutes walk from the railway station (which is also the drop-off point for the airport shuttle bus) and within walking distance of all the historic attractions of Palermo. It is next to a lovely square, Piazza Marina, which has a really good choice of well-priced restaurants (highly recommend Gulu if you like seafood!). There is also a Carrefour supermarket tucked away in the corner of the piazza where you can buy anything you need.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the side of the hotel rather than facing onto Via Vittorio Emmanuele.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank steveR11_11
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 17, 2013

First off, I found Palermo to be one of the most accessible cities in all of Italy (and I have been to many!). Rarely do the locals speak English, however they are always willing to help and are extremely friendly! I really enjoyed my time in this city and hope to see more of Sicily soon!

Now for Hotel Palazzo Sitano - the hotel is a nice location in the older section of town, surrounded by history. It is also walking distance from the primary train station and port area. The hotel is in very good condition, while maintaining some of the historic charm. My room was lovely, with a large queen bed and a nice bathroom (I especially liked the shower). Unfortunately my room looked out on to a courtyard, which was not the greatest view. The bed was comfy and the room was scented with something that made the whole experience very relaxing. The major con of the room and my entire stay was the internet. I had read a few places that access to the internet was free for 30 minutes each day and then you had to pay, so I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived and found out that WiFi was free. Upon connecting to the WiFi, I found that the speed was very fast, but the connection was not very good. While I could always find the network, internet service came and went and this was very frustrating. The problem seemed to only be in the room (I was on the second floor) because I had no issue when I went down to the lobby area. I was very disappointed by this - I am one of those people who would rather pay for reliable internet than have free internet that only works on occasion.

The breakfast spread was the best I have seen in Italy with many options. They served items that were more American-style as well as Italian foods as well. The Sicilian sesame seed bread was especially delicious! I found the front desk staff was very nice and helpful when ever I asked for anything, however overall the staff was not that friendly (this is even more true when you compare to how friendly people were on the streets of Palermo). Overall my stay was good and I would recommend the hotel with the caveat that you should not stay if you need a strong internet connection.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Danielle B
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel to spoil myself as my family friend told me about it and wow what can I say it was everything and more. Rooms perfect the art work the decor the location the rooms the professional and well groomed staff wow wow just what I needed to refresh my soul. I recommend all travelers who come Palermo please come to this great hotel. Wish I knew about this hotel earlier and I stayed at a budget hotel earlier which truly was not comfortable and this place made up for the not so nice experience at the earlier hotel I stayed in. Thank you to all the staff and as for the management they have the perfect ingredient for a good hotel in a beautiful city

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Taytasonia
Roma
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Palermo is one of the most attactive city in Italy (i know the city since 20 years).
Anyway it is difficult to find a comfortable place to stay.
That is exception!
Close to a fascinating square with lot of bars and restaurants, people is incredible nice, rooms are modern, breakfast is a complete offer of local sweets and cheeses as well as international food. Enjoy it... Alessandro

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank alebu1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The hotel is easy to find since iz is on one of Palermo main streets, very close to many of the tourist sights, and has a few restaurants close by. Breakfast excellent, rooms spacious,nice service also, but a big minus is the lack of free wifi, and when paid available only near reception desk, for some reason.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank phillip_stjames
Antibes
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We are often in Sicily but had not stayed in Palermo prior to this two night stay in Feb 2013. We found the location excellent and were able to walk easily to many restaurants and bars. However being right in the centre of Palermo nightlife brings some background noise with it. The room and bathroom were VERY spacious and reasonably priced for bed and breakfast in a 4 Star hotel. Internet extra... If you have a car, parking not so easy.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple