“Very nice lunch!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Palermo, Italy
“Very nice lunch!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

After a warm welcome of Michele and Jolanda, we enjoyed a delicious Sicilian lunch: cold and hot antipasti, among otherst delicious arancini, tasty pasta and the famous cannoli, homemade and the biggest ones I have ever seen! Michèle and Jolanda are very friendly, a meal at their restaurant feels like dining with good old friends. One practical thing: the restaurant is located at number 12, via dei cappuccini ( the map in trip advisor indicated another location in this street, but number 12 is the correct location).

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Really good Sicilian food experience !”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Michele and Iolanda welcomed us from the moment we walked into their homely eatery.
We found the experience to be traditional, with a very well made offering of food, but simple at the same time.We would definitely go back, delicious!!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank luke f
Krakow, Poland
“Excellent local food and homely atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

If you're passing by the place when walking along via Cappuccini towards or from the catacombs, this is one place you should consider for lunch or dinner. Super jovial owner Michele offered me a full meal with a (large!) selection of hot and cold antipasti, a bowl of incredible pasta con le sarde and as much of homemade rose wine as you probably like. Plus olives. All that for about 15 E (at the time of my stay, October 2013), so really not a big expense - if real local food experience is your gusto, look no further. I mean it.
One remark - it seems that Michele speaks no English or Italian whatsoever - only Siciliano! :)) so those foreign visitors who need full service in a language they have command of will surely struggle. But you will have so much fun listening to this dialect!
Highly recommended.

Nb. As this a small streeside trattoria, there is no bar in a common sense of the word, so I did not rate it.

• Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice long lunch”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We has a very nice lunch here on our way to visit the catacombs. Arriving a little after noon, we were early by Sicilian standards and had the place (and its gregarious host Michele) all to ourselves. The menu is more or less set. You get the full meal (a huge amount of food), hot and cold antipasti, pasta, and cannoli. If you want something smaller, well, good luck convincing Michele. This being our first day in Siciliy, and having a couple of hours to kill before anything else was open on a hot August afternoon, we enjoyed the large and leisurely meal. The food was good, not fantastic. Some of the antipasti were better than others, and the pasta was good but not the best I had. The cannoli, however, were great. And don't be surprised when you're cajoled into promising to post a TripAdvisor review as soon as you get home (sorry, Michele, I'm a little late posting this).

After reading some of the one star reviews here, I thought I should add something. The host is pushy, but also very friendly and pleasant. We were talked out of ordering a smaller meal, but we had no regrets. The bill was a little high, but we weren't surprised - we asked before ordering. No hard feelings that way. And remember, this is located on a heavily traveled tourist path to the catacombs. Prices have been adjusted accordingly. I believe a good meal is about more than just what's on your plate or the number on the bill, and we had a good experience. I would go back to this place next time I'm in town, and I would recommend it to friends.

• Visited August 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Very nice evening”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Perfetto!

Very good self-made food! Large menu (antipasti, pasta, wine and dessert).

Very warm welcome.