“This restaurant makes you feel at your italian home!!”

Trattoria Familiare da Michele & Jolanda
Ranked #40 of 1,750 Restaurants in Palermo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This restaurant makes you feel at your italian home!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The different and special thing about this place is treat and delicious traditional sicilian food, all home-made.

Thanks to the rexomendations we tasted special and diferent eco-foods.

We also could take away ehat we didn't finish... just like mum's home!!

BR

1 Thank freeriderrpc

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kaneohe, Hawaii, United States
“Feel at home restaurant.”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A very nice,clean and homy restaurant that serves great home cooked food. Michele and jolanda were very accommodating. The food tasted great, the portions were huge and the price were very reasonable. And the canollis were amazing.

Tel Aviv
“Tasty and Friendly”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lovely local buisnes run by a family with home made dishes. Very worm and friendly.
Keep some space for a desert - canolli are amazing.

• Visited March 2013
“The emperors new clothes”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I thought this place was a bit of a rip off. You are not given any menus and the owner just brings out a plate of cold starters. We really only wanted a pasta dish but we ended upo paying 20 euros a head for a starter and pasta. The home made wine was vile.
I ate in many lovely restaurants in Palermo and would advise you to avoid this one.

1 Thank Rilganainm
Columbus, Ohio
“Sorry to burst the bubble!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

While walking back from the Catacombes, I looked across the street, saw the trip advisor sign and remembered reading something about this restaurant. We weren't HUNGRY, we simply wanted a canolli and cappuccino. But the owner Michelle would have none of that!
I remembered reading something along the lines of him "telling you what you would be eating", so I was reasonably prepared, and it was indeed a charming attribute. Yes, they were hospitable. Yes, the atmosphere was lovely(never mind the trip advisor posters all over the place). Yes, the cannoli were delish. But JEEZE was that man pushy!
I am a reasonably strong woman and can speak for myself.(limited Italian and all) But to be quite honest I was really taken aback by his pushy-ness. He was obviously going to serve us a huge meal, and there wasn't a darn thing we could do about it!
It was most definitely traditional fare, and it's hard to tell if it was good or not since I didn't recognize a thing (with the exception of the hard boiled eggs, which were covered in green stuff) and the canned tuna on the antipasto plate. The primi piate was penne in an overly sweet sauce. No like. Perhaps it was incredible authentic food. I may never know. I just know we didn't care for it. It didn't help matters that we weren't that hungry to begin with.
Suffice it to say, when the $150 check came I almost fell off my chair. If you go - be prepared! Be prepared to be asked(told) 8 times to put a review on trip advisor, and be prepared to spend $150 on lunch :)

• Visited February 2013