“Great Pasta can le Sarde”

Trattoria Primavera
Ranked #252 of 1,756 Restaurants in Palermo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Lancashire
“Great Pasta can le Sarde”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

By far the best restaurant in our 4 night stay in Palermo. In a small square just of Corso Vittorio Emmanuele. We managed to sit outside which was great, despite the fact that the piazza is undergoing a lot of restoration work. Unlike some of the other reviews, service was prompt and attentive; our antipasti of aubergine was delicious and the Bucatini con Sarde absolutely fabulous. Desserts of Parfait scrumptious. Three courses and a bottle of good Sicilian Wine, coffee and water came to 48 euros. OK, it's rustic Sicilan, not fine dining, but terrific value, compared to the other highly rated places we ate at.

• Visited June 2012

Chicago
“WAY OVERRATED!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I just returned this evening after having dinner at this Conde Naste Traveller recommended restaurant. We were dining al fresco. First and most important the service was terrible. I had to get up from my table twice to get someone's attention. It should have been three times, but once I waited them out to see what would happen. In about ten minutes someone showed up!

The antipasti course that was supposed to be warm was cold. After waiting an appropriate time, I had to personally bring it back into the restaurant to ask it to be warmed. It was returned a few seconds later, barely warm, but I was not about to address it further.

After an extended period of time my primi course arrived. The pasta was lukewarm and so dry it was inedible. I wanted to request hot water, but my wife thought that would be inappropriate. I waited for someone to check on me, but my wife finished her dinner before anyone attended to us. At that point I had no interest in eating further and just returned my dinner.

After our table was bussed, we waited 15 more minutes for some attention. I finally had to go inside to get the check and pay. They did not charge me for my pasta. That is worth one star.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MrBedframe
Enfield, United Kingdom
“Delicious and cheap”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a highly recommended trattoria if you want to enjoy delicious, authentic sicilian food in a pleasant setting. The food is really great, service is quick, and to top it all the prices are really cheap. Portions are very generous and we enjoyed every single dish we tried there - and we went several times! You really owe it to yourself to give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Visited April 2012
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Undistinguished menu and food”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Menu a carbon copy of other tourist restaurants. Antipasti can be viewed at entrance, didn't look too appetizing.

Visited April 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Authentic rustic sicilian food, great value”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great food, great value and great service at this very busy little trattoria.

Look for the neon lights above the door as this restaurant is on the edge of a building site at the moment and is a bit tricky to find.

Visited December 2011