“Not really worth the time or money.”

Orto Botanico di Palermo
Ranked #36 of 393 things to do in Palermo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

For €5 each it really wasn't worth it. Very dry, a bit dirty, not enough signs, just not really up to much. I've been to free botanic gardens before and they were fantastic, this was not.

There are newer reviews for Orto Botanico di Palermo

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were amazed by the ancient trees with their twisted shapes. Like something out of a fantasy novel. Beautiful pond with turtles sliding.

Wonderful get-away from the Palermo.

We were lucky enough to see a wedding party doing photos.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is not a great example of a botanical garden - dry, unkept, really ugly in parts. The best thing here were the turtles. Not worth paying to get in.

1  Thank Travellingpantaloni
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I bought my lunch from the supermarket one day and ate it here. Many newly married couples come here to take photos and videos, and I was asked by one photographer if I could remain on my bench while the bridge and groom sat next to me... While I'll never be sure, I'm pretty sure I 'photobombed' someone's wedding photos. It's honestly a beautiful place.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had a full day to ourselves before our tour began in Sicily so we went to Orto Botanico. It turned out to be a lovely day. The flowers were so beautiful... We loved walking through the gardens and grounds. The lily pond and statues were really beautiful. It was a relaxing way to get over our jet lag and enjoy some beautiful surroundings.