Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $32.52
from $123.36
from $1,020.50
More Info
All reviews local friends local guide chiara expert history
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

My husband and I booked a tour with Maurizio after I had read so many good things about them on TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. We wanted to do our tour on a Sunday, which was the day after we arrived in Palermo and Maurizio was really flexible in trying to meet our needs. Additionally, I speak Italian, but my husband doesn't, but Maurizio worked with me to find a solution by offering to have his daughter act as an interpreter during our tour. This was a great solution and it was lovely getting to know both of them as we walked around on our Palermo tour.

Maurizio picked us up at our accommodation, which was so good of him and then he took us to visit so many of the important monuments of Palermo, including the inside of a number of beautiful churches, the council offices and the street markets. He was not only extremely knowledgeable, but also truly passionate about the history of Palermo and everything the city had to offer.

Before leaving, he was also helped us by recommending some good restaurants and other areas we might want to explore. We would definitely recommend Maurizio as a guide. He certainly helped to get our holiday off to a great start.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Maurizio made the best day in Palermo. As i have only few days here, i wanted to see some highlights of the city and local touches. Maurizio made it all possible. He showed us around hidden places(including the best view of city, markets, cathedrals, little corner street, cityhall tour and local foods and many more) and explained all of its history. I would have never known without his guidance. He is such a passionate city EXPERT. I truly enjoyed walking tour with him and his daughter Chiara. I also had lovely local lunch in between. I feel like i have made great local friends in Sicilia and this is unforgettable private city tour.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Maurizio is a an expert in Catania and its history. He is a nice, easygoing person, who is able to give you much information in a funny way. He is really interested in his job and seems to love it.
I recommend his walk through Catânia for those interested in politics, history, arts and food.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We definitely found it worthwhile to spend around four hours on a walking tour with a local guide. We sampled street food in the lively markets, stopped for special coffees, learned about ancient history and much, much more.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed November 29, 2017

Maurizio and his lovely daughter Chiara showed us around Palermo in a way that only locals truly can. From lunch recommendations, to an incredible vista of the city on top of a mall (I didn't believe it either), our trip was greatly enhanced by spending a few hours on this tour. Avoiding the touristy group tours is the way to go in this city, and I highly recommend reaching out to Maurizio if you'll be in town.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed November 20, 2017

Despite we spent only one day in Palermo on a business trip, wishing to have a good grasp of the city, we opted for a guided a tour. Our local friends couldn't have addressed us better. We greatly enjoyed the tour thanks to the countless anecdotes about monuments and local history: an immersive story telling with a wealth of details. Different from an ordinary guided tour, it is rather to go visiting Palermo with a knowledgeable friend who is a keen lover of his city. We had the opportunity to visit those unusual places normally not included in a tour, and Palermo has many of these. At the end we really wished to have more time to spend in Palermo guided by Maurizio who, in any case, much extended the agreed time free of charge.

Date of experience: October 2017