“Hostly and delicious”

Ranked #22 of 797 Restaurants in Messina
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

We ate all kinds of meals; pasta- pizza- burger& meat as a family and they were all great
Delicious and very friendly staff

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

I’m a stickler for steaks and always during travelling I try to get perfect piece of beef. Toronero Ristorante is great destination for it. Huge selection of many kinds of meat. I recommend to try Chianina and Sicilian Beef. Lovely taste.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

The location is not in a very good area nor the restaurant has a particularly nice decoration.
Service is fine and the meat quality is decent, but probably the cooking is overdone and presentation is very blend.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

Arriving in Messina after a week’s holiday in wonderful Ortigia and following the Giro d’Italia, we were way early so instead of waiting in the ferry port for 3 hours we parked on S Caterina and walked around looking for somewhere. What a desert! My wife kept suggesting takeaway pizza slices (“we can eat them in the car”) but I insisted and we found Toro Nero. Expecting, from the name, some sort of anodyne steak house, we were delighted to have a lovely warm welcome from Andreas and all his crew. We were tempted by the Giant Meatball, we were tempted by the Chicken Teryaki, we were tempted by many things but I had the selection of four Braciole (actually eight, each one twice) which were tenderly soft and tasty and my wife had the selection of eight (or maybe more) meatballs (“hamburgini”) with four dipping sauces. Both were delicious and had the rate treat of being sufficiently just-charred to elevate them beyond the norm. The Nero d’Avola (non troppo costodo) was excellent at €14. My crème caramel was tasty as was my wife’s fruit pudding but the gratis amuse-bouche at the outset and equally gratis pudding wine with desert spoke volumes - as did the piccolo sconto they took off the bill as s result of a joke we made earlier. Needless to say(?) I was so pleased I wiped it out by doubling the normal tip. Overall, superb food, served without pretension, at excellent value. What a find.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

We've been in many good restaurants during our stay in Sicily, but this was the best culinary experience ever! Great digustation of tartare (veal, horse and beef), delicious and interesting choice of fresh pasta which was the best we have aver tasted - poetry of tastes and structures. Carefully selected list of red wines from Sicily of the highest quality. Great service! If You are in town, You simply cannot miss it.
Worth mentioning is well ventilated smoking part od the restaurant and resonable prices. Very kind and professional service. Thank You for the Nice time and Best coulinary experience!

Date of visit: January 2018