“A great find”
Review of Hotel Villa Romeo

Hotel Villa Romeo
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Catania
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We first stayed at this hotel last year and decided to go again this year. It didn't fail to impress us again. The rooms are lovely, but the best thing about this hotel is the staff, they are truly wonderful and they should be very proud of their attention to their customers and knowledge of the area. The inner courtyard is a little oasis and as the mini bar is so reasonably priced its so worth a drink before going out to experience the delights of Catania.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which opens onto the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank valerie g

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went here with a friend in 2011 for a 5 day stay in Sicily. It is very lovely and confortable. Close to the city centre and 20 min walk from the beach in Catania. The rooms are large and decorated very nice. The bathrooms are not that big. They have this lovely terrace inside the hotel full of flowers that it is soo relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Unturistamator
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Hi everyone, my name is Onofrio..
i i love this little Hotel, is so cute.
This was my fourth time been in this Oasis in Catania.
As always the experience has been just fantastic.
The rooms never fail to impress with their really tasty decor, the tidyness is impeccable. Staff is so friendly that you think you are at home.....they are very well mannered and respectful...still, i felt again like they were my brothers and sisters..

Thank you all, specially this guy, Francesco....you are really nice person, it was a pleasure meeting you....and the others...

Ciao e a presto..

Onofrio

Room Tip: highe rooms, the apartment is fantastic...i stayed there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ao5gal
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Excellent location nearby the train and the bus station!
Walking distance from the city center and Bellini Theater.
Very spacious rooms and helpful stuff.
They can arrange excursions to Aetna and nearby locations.
They also gave us gifts and local products when we were leaving.

Room Tip: We preferred the room with vfiew to the interior patio opposite the breakfast room. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimtraj
Reviewed July 22, 2012

it has been a year since I stayed here, so my review is a bit rusty, in short I found the photos I took of the hotel and thought I would post them up.

I remember that the location was very handy to the station and that was great, because I wanted to see the views along the island, so I took the train from Palermo. Not the prettiest area to be in. But a practical area for transport. Also I was there to see the sights, so was not looking for an upscale hotel, but just somewhere to spend a few nights.

I remember the hotel being pleasant. and my room was much more spacious than I thought it was going to be.I have included a number of pictures. I also had a telephone meeting while I was there, and needed good phone reception and peace and quiet for that. This was no problem. Was quite cheap for what I got, but I have a feeling that I got a free room upgrade, but while the sleeping part of the room was beautiful. the bathroom was quite small and very ugly.
I remember the room was clean.. but don't remember how clean the bathroom was.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ms_Vasco_Pyjama
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Shabby on outside at top of a small street near to Central Station and Central Coach terminus. Don't be put off. inside the staff were helpful our rooms (we have stayed there 2 years running) were clean and airy. Rooms are on 1st floor with a lift ask for one facing onto the internal courtyard, paved and scented plants, seating so that you can either follow the sun or avoid it, lit at night. There is another roofed area also filled with plants.. Outside rooms will be noisier I think, as there is a busy road close by.
Breakfast is ample and the staff are happy to make expresso, latte, etc if asked. If using public transport to visit other places in the island it is really, easy, walking to the Duomo and center takes about 15mins, various routes .

Room Tip: courtyard rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel is not in the best area of Catania with some 'ladies of negotiable affection' plying their trade in the immediate vicinity. This was not a major issue for us as Catania is an interesting though gritty city. However my reservations with this hotel concern the bed-cover and curtains in our room which were stained. This is not acceptable. Our room was dark, with dark coloured carpet which I felt was just not properly cleaned. There were also a few mosquitoes in the room. The lurid hotel decor was not to my taste, but of course that's just a personal opinion.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family