TripAdvisor
Catania
Post
Inbox
Search

“The only reason to stop in Catania”
Review of I Moschettieri

I Moschettieri
Ranked #41 of 1,374 Restaurants in Catania
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2015

While waiting for the train, we asked for a recommendation from the ticket office. They sent us where they eat. Food and service were superb. This is a gem in an otherwise dismal city. It is worth the stop.

Date of visit: October 2015
2  Thank altsalt
Write a reviewReviews (338)

Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

Great spot to eat dinner. Fresh seafood,pasta, and pizza. My husband and I are so happy we found this spot. Everyone is so friendly and we had a smile on our face the entire time. The mushroom pasta is amazing. We also had plates of fresh seafood, caught today. I'll recommend this place to all my friends. I can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: November 2015
2  Thank courtneyv560
Reviewed November 3, 2015 via mobile

Family run trattoria with excellent food at a good price. We went four times, spending about €20-25 each time (including 1 liter of house wine). Very friendly staff as well. Try the 14 starters for €10. You can also order traditional dishes not on the menu (e.g. caponata and pizzaiola- yum). Hands-down the best trattoria during our 7 day visit to Catania, and we tried the usual tourist recommended places (including on Via Coppola).

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed October 16, 2015

I am 100% Italian American and grew up with Nonna's homemade cooking which means I know good italian food! I Moschettieri did not disappoint. My husband and I had the Matriciana Pasta and the Pistachio Cream Pasta. Both were delicious, flavorful and exactly what we were looking for. The mixed green salad was fresh and crisp. Little complimentary extras like a mini-Bellini, after dinner liquer and biscotti di moniche just added to the experience. The wait staff are very efficient and friendly and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The prices are very reasonable too. We enjoyed our food and had a great time on top of it! i would definitely go back. I encourage you to give it a try.

Date of visit: October 2015
2  Thank Liketogo72
Reviewed October 5, 2015

We went three times to this friendly, family-run restaurant very near the Hotel Villa Romeo. It opens for lunch and then at 7.30pm in the evenings for dinner. It is well-patronized by the local residents and is almost full by 8pm as the food is very good indeed. They take time to prepare the dishes which come in large servings, though very reasonably-priced from 6 euros for a pasta norma (aubergine) to 10 euros for a pasta with black squid ink (both full-flavoured and delicious but not salty at all). On our third visit we were offered the special for the night, an exciting pasta dish with deep-fried strips of aubergine at only 8 euros. We saw neighbouring tables with huge pizzas which looked very good too. What a pity we couldn't stay long enough to try all their dishes, the food here is so consistent you can be sure of a satisfying meal.

Date of visit: September 2015