“Pizza that trumps the rest!!!”

Gisira Pizza and Drinks
Ranked #28 of 981 Restaurants in Catania
Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gisira pizza & drinks offers a wide choice of classic and specialty pizzas. An absolute novelty is the "pizza by the meter" so everyone can choose your selection of condiments. Our chef will be able to satisfy even the most demanding palates: typical first, second sought, imaginative salads, and delicious desserts. In the characteristic chopping boards will be served the best local meats and cheeses. You can reserve a table from Monday to Friday, and Sunday.
“Pizza that trumps the rest!!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

One word..AMAZING!!! I have tasted a selection of pizza places in Catania and Gisira is by far the best. It offers the total package. Wether you are a visitor or local this is the BEST pizzeria experience in Sicily.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Catania, Sicilia, Italy
“Great service, great food, funny manager”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

As promised, here's your review, Carlo:

As an american student, finding a good pizzeria that trumps Pizza Hut or Dominos back in the States is an easy task in Catania. But Gisira goes above and beyond that.

Service is impeccable. Waiters are essentially on call so there is little to no waiting process for a water refill or an extra cocktail order. Carlo, the manager/owner is one of the friendliest, good-humored, smiley guys in the city. While the pizza's in the oven, he'll come over and strike up conversations -- in English! Don't mistake him for a simple manager either; he's studied to be a lawyer but decided his love for getting to know the locals and meeting students abroad transcends biblical policy books and institutional law.

When the food comes out, there's no mistake: Carlo's pizza's are the best, and your best bet would be to try the Volcano or the Gisira -- literally the two best pizzas I've ever had in my life. The only thing I can really criticize is the average quality of the cocktails, but if you're going to Gisira's, you're going there for pizza.

Go hard or go home.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank August D
“Simply the best pizza I had in my 2 months in Italy!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Amazing pizza, outstanding service and gorgeous space. I had a wonderful night at Gisira and I would absolutely recommend it or go again if I have a chance. The owner is amazing and all the staff is friendly. I asked for his recommendation and I was absolutely delighted. Also, it is very affordable, you won't break the bank. Go go go don't even hesitate!

• Visited May 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“One of the best pizzas right in the city center”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I personally know the owners of this excellent "pizzeria" , however, my review won't be biased in any way.
This pizza place is one of the best in town!
Amazing pizza, Great service and extremely welcoming atmosphere!
Free wi-fi and best location for families as well as young people!
Highly recommended!:)

• Visited June 2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Perfect Pizza and service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We found the place on Tripadvisor and we decided to go because it was on our street. And after we entered we regretted we didn't go there earlier. We had Carlo (one of the owners) as our waiter. He was very patient for us to decide and helped us with suggestions. We tried the red beer and it was great! We like it there so much that we returned there for a second time to have a slice of the magnificent pizza made there. And the second time we went there even if the restaurant was fully booked Carlo made room for us because it was our last night in Catania. Ps try the white wine! It goes perfect with the pizza. My favorite pizza was the Vulcano, so if you like spicy, try this one.

• Visited June 2013