“Recommend”
Review of Tale - CLOSED

Tale
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Tale enjoys an excellent location in the center of Catania, close to the central train station. Martyrs' Square is the crossroads for major urban and suburban roads. Ample parking (including buses) surrounding the palace Ferrarotto (Great monument of Liberty Catania nineteenth century), which insists on building the restaurant. Only genuine food meat fish and pizza.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Have been travelling through Italy for 4weeks & have had our share of good & bad restaurants. The restaurant is fresh and inviting, the staff were very helpful to 2 non-italian speakers - the menu is in italian - and even offered us different wines to try. The food was delicious & the portions generous. This would have to be one of, if not the best, meal we have had so far, highly recommend.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Owned by a local family, Talé offers you a great taste of real Sicilian cuisine. Welcoming as only sicilians can be, the family and the whole staff will always be available and ready to satisfy all your needs. Super fresh fish and great wines characterized this elegant open-space close to the city center of one of the most beautiful cities on earth. The only thing missing to be really perfect is a great view on the seaside!:)

Highly reccomended the all u can eat aperitif on friday evening/night for only 7€ drink included.

Ciao Toti
Was nice to meet u!:)

1  Thank SalvoLiistro
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was on holiday in catania last week, have advised me to visit this restaurant. I was really good, the staff was really friendly and I ate very well. Fresh fish, warm bread, very good wine! Congratulations to Dr. Toti

Reviewed December 8, 2012

That restaurant was a nice discovery. A large open space with just the just perfect touch of elegance. Servers are professional and helpful. They have a limited menu of "Plats du jour" and a large selection of pizze. Good choice of wines too.

We shared a carpaccio served with arugula and mushrooms as antipasto which augured well, along with the fresh bread. We then each took a fish plate as "secondi". My wife's big piece of tuna was cooked to her taste by the chef in front of us. My sword fish à la pistacchio was perfectly cooked. A meal we really enjoyed.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Last week, I went to the restaurant 'Talè' for the third time. The first time I dined here with my wife inside and there was an 'Antique Sicilian Theme'; the second time I came, there was a wonderful display of various art by various local artist; and LAST week I had a nice relaxing pizza with some friends outdoors. In all three occasions, it seemed to have been three different experiences (based on the various atmospheres that you can find). There's quite a good selection on the menu (although, I haven't tried most of the items), and the pizza is spectacular. The prices a very doable and it's one of the few places in catania that offers a great selection of Whiskeys and spirits. It's near the train and bus stations and surprisingly close to the central catania area (Piazza Teatro Massimo is located only like 75 metres away). The staff is extremely nice, fast and efficient and the management is very involving, making you feel like you're eating a relative's house. I HIGHLY recommend this Ristaurant/Pizzeria/Wine Bar, especially if you've got a good palette for whiskeys, Wines and PIZZAS. ALSO, I discovered that they also do lunch and happy hours, so my next visit may be for lunch in the near future.

1  Thank Rigel_OrionisBeta