The hotel is well sign posted in Catania but can be difficult to get to because of all the one way streets around it. There is no parking at the hotel but there is a garage nearby which charges €13 per night, which is well worth it considering the state of the local cars!
Both rooms we stayed in were large with good sized bathrooms - although the shower was in the bath and rather low for me. As well as towels and the usual liquids, bath robes were also provided. There was a good sized flat screen TV and unusually for the continent there were tea & coffee making facilities in the room as well as a fridge for the mini bar.
The breakfast had a reasonable selection of meats, cheeses and fruit with fresh oranges available squeezing in a machine. The breakfast area wasnt very large and on one of our days was packed with loud students.
All of the staff we encountered from reception to the breakfast were very friendly & helpful and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo is located in the centre of Catania, only few minutes far from artistical and cultural interest places of Catania, easily reachable from the railway station, the motorway and the airport. In addition to its central location, Hotel Mediterranean is particularly appreciated for the quality of services dedicated to the specific needs of the guests explained well , for example, with the pillow menu, the fitness room and the buffet with gluten-free products.The soul of BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo fully reflects the warmth and vitality of Catania.63 spacious and comfortable rooms, some with balconies and equipped for disabled guests with mobility difficulties, are avaliable into different types: single, double, twin and triple rooms without forgetting the business room dedicated to business traveler.BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo, hotel in the centre of Catania, has a fitness room with its high quality services, free wi-fi, pillow menu, Sky (included cinema and football - original language avaliable) and custumised services for all travelers.You can take advantage of a private garage with 8 parking spaces (fee required) to book in advance. The hotel has a breakfast room and a welcome bar, furnished with warm tones that reflect the style of the hotel, where you can enjoy a wide variety of high quality and fresh products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mediterraneo
- Best Western Catania
- Catania Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo Catania, Sicily