We spent some time looking for a hotel in Catania and I think we picked the best. A bit off the main run of things and we did take a wrong turn when we got off the bus, but the very warm welcome on arrival more than made up for that. The reception staff were excellent, giving good advice on restaurants. (also where not to venture in Catania!) They booked us on the Etna trip, which I thoroughly recommend. The firm running the trip also provided a very reasonable transfer to the airport. Our room was spacious, comfortable and very clean, as was the large en-suite bathroom.
It was only a short walk to some trattorias, and not much further to the Duomo and the historic centre of Catania.
Breakfast was very good, only quibble is that the breakfast room is not very big.
Overall a very pleasant stay with excellent staff. (Best Western Pavilion in York please note how to do things properly!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo is located in the centre of Catania, only few minutes far from artistical and cultural interest places of Catania, easily reachable from the railway station, the motorway and the airport. In addition to its central location, Hotel Mediterranean is particularly appreciated for the quality of services dedicated to the specific needs of the guests explained well , for example, with the pillow menu, the fitness room and the buffet with gluten-free products.The soul of BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo fully reflects the warmth and vitality of Catania.63 spacious and comfortable rooms, some with balconies and equipped for disabled guests with mobility difficulties, are avaliable into different types: single, double, twin and triple rooms without forgetting the business room dedicated to business traveler.BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo, hotel in the centre of Catania, has a fitness room with its high quality services, free wi-fi, pillow menu, Sky (included cinema and football - original language avaliable) and custumised services for all travelers.You can take advantage of a private garage with 8 parking spaces (fee required) to book in advance. The hotel has a breakfast room and a welcome bar, furnished with warm tones that reflect the style of the hotel, where you can enjoy a wide variety of high quality and fresh products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mediterraneo
- Best Western Catania
- Catania Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo Catania, Sicily