Staff at this hotel are extremely helpful and friendly, and their command of English is very good, compared to other hotels in Italy where I had stayed before. When you arrive, you get a complimentary basket of fresh fruit and candies delivered to your room!
The only objection that I have relates to the time when rooms are ready and breakfast. As I came with an organized group of tourists, the rooms, unfortunately, were not ready until 4 p.m. which made an already tiresome travel to Italy even harder. The whole group had to spend, literally, almost 3 hours wondering the streets of Catania until the rooms were ready. At that point, the room that I got was on the ground floor, overlooking some extremely noisy water tank and it was driving me crazy. Luckily, the staff were very much willing to help and they changed the room, so that I got a beautiful double room on the 4th floor, overlooking the street. Therefore, my tip to all of you would be - avoid the rooms on the ground and 1st floor overlooking the courtyard, as the noise from that water tank will be a killing one, and ask for a room overlooking the street,because that street is a fairly quiet one.
My room was very clean, bathroom was very nice, with a strong shower, the balcony was large and enjoyable.
I did not like breakfast though, as it was rather simple and repetitive, except for the fresh orange juice which was delicious.
The hotel is within a walking distance from the old shopping street Via Etnea, and there are also a small supermarket and several small restaurants nearby, which means that the hotel is well positioned, and, as there are direction signs everywhere, there is no way that one can get lost. All in all, I would recommend this hotel, it was a good place to be at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo is located in the centre of Catania, only few minutes far from artistical and cultural interest places of Catania, easily reachable from the railway station, the motorway and the airport. In addition to its central location, Hotel Mediterranean is particularly appreciated for the quality of services dedicated to the specific needs of the guests explained well , for example, with the pillow menu, the fitness room and the buffet with gluten-free products.The soul of BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo fully reflects the warmth and vitality of Catania.63 spacious and comfortable rooms, some with balconies and equipped for disabled guests with mobility difficulties, are avaliable into different types: single, double, twin and triple rooms without forgetting the business room dedicated to business traveler.BEST WESTERN Hotel Mediterraneo, hotel in the centre of Catania, has a fitness room with its high quality services, free wi-fi, pillow menu, Sky (included cinema and football - original language avaliable) and custumised services for all travelers.You can take advantage of a private garage with 8 parking spaces (fee required) to book in advance. The hotel has a breakfast room and a welcome bar, furnished with warm tones that reflect the style of the hotel, where you can enjoy a wide variety of high quality and fresh products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Mediterraneo
- Best Western Catania
- Catania Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Mediterraneo Catania, Sicily