“2nd time was the charm.”
Review of The Bangkok - CLOSED

The Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The first visit to this ristorante definitely did not impress. I do like the decor, minimal & modern. But the service was slooooww and the portion was a bit too small and I had to return my dish to the kitchen to have them reheat it as it had gotten cold while we waited. I adore Thai food and have to have it often so we decided to try again and brought Italian friends along who don't often eat anything other than Italian food. Second time around service was much better. In their defense, our first visit was just as they reopened from summer closure so they were understaffed. And this time the portions seemed larger and my dish was extra spicy but still with flavor just like I like it. Our friends tried something new for them in cuisine and were surprised how much they enjoyed it. In the end yes the bill was a bit higher than a Thai restaurant I would find in America but since Catania has few asian restaurants, of course they can justify a higher price point.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The food was well prepared and tasted great. It was a very nice change from Italian food and a perfect change of flavored after a long time in Sicily. The fried rice was wonderful and the ginger chicken a pleasant choice. Careful of the margarita as it is stronger with little mix. The special OMG was a great drink and will have it again. I look foward to going to this restaurant again.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Visited this restaurant a couple of times and the standards are consistently high in the quality of food and service. With its contemporary and stylish decor, it has a charming and relaxing atmosphere. I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My fiance and I were so happy to find The Bangkok. How wonderful....Thai food in Catania. We were very pleasantly surprised to find that the food was so authentic. We have eaten Thai food in a few countries including America and London, England. The food prepared here at The Bangkok was very very good.
We were also very pleased with the service and the ambiance. The friendliness of the staff was outstanding.
We would just like to tell other people that are looking for a good place to eat,,, if you like Thai food or are considering trying it... This is a great place to have it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did..... Bill n Jane

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The food is really good! Nice music, friendly staff, speaks good English, romantic atmosphere.
And everything is quite cheap