“Possibly better quality at the price range”
Review of I Carbonari

I Carbonari
Ranked #759 of 981 Restaurants in Catania
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Catania
Canberra, Australia
“Possibly better quality at the price range”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were looking for an early dinner during the holiday season in Catania - which is bad for two reasons - the first is that the earliest that Italians head out to eat is around 8pm and the second that many restaurants in the area recommended were closed. We came across I Carbonari that was setting up early and returned, seeing that not much else was around/open. The insalata mista was basic yet not really over priced (I was apprehensive about the location being close to Teatro Bellini.) I had pasta alla norma as my primo but I would have liked the melanze to be cooked a little more - it was served with ricotta salata and not fresh ricotta but flavours were ok - still a little pricey. Toby ordered the horse meat - a local speciality which I rated as a little tough but he didn't mind it. He also had a side of baked potatos which tasted homely. In all not a bad meal, only concern is that may have found better quality at the same price range.

• Visited August 2012