“Excellent”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ognina-Picanello-Stazione
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Our addition in Catania! Every time we go to Sicily we can't help going to EN at least once! Amazing quality and care for details. The owners are lovely and very friendly, clearly working very hard to guarantee an authentic product. Our favourite: UNI TEMAKI, FUTOMAKI, URAFUTOMAKI and TUNA TARTARE. Oh my Goodness!

Alessandro & Clementina

Reviewed December 17, 2012

EN is a great, authentic Japanese restaurant situtated just off Viale Africa in Catania. The first thing one notices is that it's definitely upscale and all the furnishings seem new. The outside "Japanese/Italian garden is a great place to sit near during the warm spring through fall months. The food is delicious and, best of all, the fish tasted as it came from the market that very morning. Bring your wallet (why wouldn't you?) because it's a bit "spendy", as they say. The owners are very engaging, and eager to please. EN is the perfect place for date night or to impress clients.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

EN is another great ristorante in Catania. They have a good variety and the service and staff are always friendly. They have always been able to cater to small groups or a large party. They have some amazing beers on menu as well.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I love good food and my two favorite kinds: Italian and Japanese. After 7 days of wonderfully satisfying Italian food in Sicily, I was ready for something new but wasn't sure about going to EN since it seemed a bit far from the center. I decided to explore the neighborhoods on the way and arrived faster than I thought so I had to kill some time in a neighborhood bar. By the time I sat down at the sushi bar, I hoped it would be worth it.

When the most beautiful box of chirashi I've ever seen arrived in front of me, disappointment was the furthest feeling in my brain or belly. The fish was delicious (in particular the squid), rice was perfect- after 5+ years of a sushi addiction in NYC I can say with some authority they know what they're doing. The design of the restaurant was also extremely well done- combining feelings of Japan and Sicily to create a modern, warm Eastern vibe.

But it was also the service that was so satisfying. I went alone and left feeling like the owner was a new friend. If you have time in Sicily/Italy and want some variety of food, I would definitely recommend going to EN.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

My boyfriend and I had perfect meal in this restaurant, we have tested many dishes from fish croquettes, amazing sushi and salads .
I can easily say it was our best dinner in Sicily.
When visiting Catania, En would be the perfect place to go for a fresh and professionally prepared Japanese dishes.