“my first pizzolo”

Ranked #21 of 1,062 Restaurants in Catania
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Catania
Description: In The Old City Center, Just Two Minutes From The Cathedral And The Bellini Theatre, Eat Pizzeria Propose More Than 40 Different Pizzas, The Sicilian Speciality -il Pizzolo- And Big Fresh Special Salads, Without Forgeting Our Homemade Desserts.in A Convivial Atmosphere,our Staff Will Take Care Of You.so Come, Try And Enjoy.outdoors Table From June To October.dinner Only.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

i went there with my wife and were sitting at the street side. the waiter (or the boss indeed?) was very friendly and able to speak english, n he not only explained the ingridients for the pizzas and also explained how pizzolos are made, making sure that we ordered sth we understand!

when it comes to taste, i think both the pizza n the pizzolo smelled n tasted good! just it might be too much for a couple to order one pizza n one pizzolo for which we couldnt finished them all!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,090)

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went here because of the tripadvisor reviews. Generally I only give good reviews and ignore average places - except where I'm out of kilter with the general consensus where I like to try to redress the balance. The waiter was brilliant - insisting on translating everything to make sure that we didn't order anything we didn't like. However the pizzas were only average - in fact the crusts were exceedingly difficult to cut into and made the meal hard work - I noticed the Italians at the next table having the same trouble - perhaps the chef was off our night and someone was covering for him. We were offered complimentary limoncellos. The location was very hot - the restaurant is on a side street and the awning was down, plus there was a hip height kind of tarpaulin barrier between the tables and the street so I wondered if those things kept the heat in and the breeze out - good when the weather turns cool, I guess. All in all it was okay - but not worth going out of our way for. I think the reason there are so many reviews on here is because they give you a slip of paper as you leave asking you to review them - which I suppose must mean they're confident and we got an off night.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We ate at this pizza place in the heart of Catania and we really enjoyed our dinner. My Wife had a wonderful salad and I had a pizza which was the best one I ever had in my life!
The Staff is really polite and nice and the Owner Giuseppe is the best, very friendly, English speaking and prompt to take a very good care of you. I really recommend this place for a lovely inexpensive excellent dinner!

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The pizzolo was fantastic, the Etnea and the Pistacchio! The personnel was incredibly kind! Highly recommended!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Delicious pizza, authentic italian flavors, great wine, excellent service.

Location: just across Via Antonino di Sangiuliano, opposite Piazza Bellini, on a very quiet street, full of traditional Italian restaurants

Great value for price!