“Our recent stay at XX Miglia B&B”
Review of XX Miglia

XX Miglia
Ranked #23 of 317 Catania B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for XX Miglia

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a very nice time in this B&B!
The owners Cristiano and Angelo are very welcoming, smiling and helpful.
The breakfast is tasty and you have so many choices! Cristiano is even doing some homemade cookies, yes you feel like home in XX Miglia.
The decoration is modern, the place is very clean and the bed is so cumfurtable.
And finally the location is just in the center in a safe place! You have the train station at 10 minutes by walk and so many bus stops which can you drive till the beach!
This is THE place to be in Catania!
Ci vidiamo dopo :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here on 2 occasions, each time for 3 nights. The location is within easy walking distance of the central station. I walked to and from the station several times without incident though I think a couple of times I would have felt better if I had been with someone else. The Via Ventimiglia is fine. The building looks a bit unprepossessing from the outside but once you are inside it is lovely. The second time I stayed the newly converted rooms had just opened. These are on the second floor. There is no lift but I had help with my bags. The rooms are spacious with all new furnishings and fittings and beautiful ceilings. Such kind and helpful people. I am so glad I found this place. I hope you find it too as it was a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I stayed here on 2 occasions, each time for 3 nights. The location is within easy walking distance of the central station. I walked to and from the station several times without incident though I think a couple of times I might have felt better if I had been with someone else. The Via Ventimiglia is fine. The building looks a bit unprepossessing from the outside but once you are inside it is lovely. The second time I stayed the newly converted rooms had just opened. These are on the second floor. There is no lift but I had help with my bags. The rooms are spacious with all new furnishings and fittings and beautiful ceilings. The people are very kind. I am so glad I found this place. I hope other people will enjoy staying here as much as I did.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Staying at XX Miglia was a marvellous experience with all it entailed. As soon as we arrived I could feel at home. I will come back to Catania even to see again the most wonderful hosts Cristian and Angelo. How can I explain them? Two helpful and good hearted persons who are always ready to help you out in anything you require. The place is kept very very clean. The bed and breakfast is only 5 minutes away from Catania centre (and the market). There is a lot to see in Catania itself. I have been to Etna with a tour and to Toarmina with my friend. Thanks to my friend who had suggested this place to me.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful. I advice you to communicate with the hosts and discuss your needs with them...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Cristian & Angelo were perfect hosts. They gave us advice on what to see and how to get there. I would recommend a day trip to Mt Etna. The B&B was clean and well decorated. Our ensuite was great and the wifi worked great. My wife and two children aged 7 & 10 had a really great time.

Family (2 Kids) from Sydney Australia

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We've been at this B&B for 2 weeks now - we love it!
It's at the top of one of the old buildings of Catania's "Centro Storico" (historic center), but the interior has been beautifully and skillfully remodeled, tastefully decorated (nothing like the frilly B&Bs you find in the US) and very, very, very clean. All the amenities -AC, wifi, access to laundry, kitchen, 2 common living-room areas. Great convenient location - short walk to central train station and all the sights.
But the reason we love this place is the hospitality. The night we arrived, we were helped up the stairs with our luggage by Angelo - one of the 2 young owners - and then handed a couple cold beers and chatted up by Angelo and Nonna Pina. Angelo teaches culinary arts at the university, and every morning we get to taste his delicious home-made sicilian pastries. Angelo's cousin Cristian - the other owner - speaks english and helps us with our Italian lessons over breakfast. They give us tips on the best places to eat, best beaches, and even helped us find an apartment! Over a home-made Sicilian dinner one night Cristian taught us the Italian phrase "Sentirsi a casa": "to feel at home", and you totally will!

Room Tip: We are staying in the big upstairs room - very big and comfortable, very nice. Have only seen insid...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple