“I felt invisible”

Bern, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I felt invisible”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The service was appalling. Took an hour after finishing the first course for them to remove the long-empty plates and only then after almost grabbing them to get their attention. Having said that, the food itself was great - and very cheap. So, if you have a few hours to spare, go there.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Authentic Sicilian food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The service was good and professional. There you can try lots of different typical dishes from Sicily, as well as other Italian food. The portions are ok, not excessively big but at the same time prices are really low, so overall it's a good value for money!

Try to go there not too late as people start queuing after 9PM and you could easily have to wait half an hour.

• Visited August 2013
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice fish”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This restaurant has quite good food, I had tried the fish which was excellent, my partner had a pasta dish which was not very impressive. The food could be presented a little bit nicer but overall this was a good value and I was not disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Taste of Sicily”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had eaten here several years back and didn't actually care for it back then. Seemed expensive and not very good. However I had just landed in Catania and was hungry, and didn't want to put a lot of thought into where I ate. So I wandered back here since I was staying at the UNA Hotel down the street. This was a much better experience. I just had some simple pasta but it was very good. Ordered the house red which always fits the bill in Italy. I came back the next night and ordered the pesce al sale (which I don't think was on the menu, but they served it anyway, or maybe went by a different name). It's always amazing watching the waiters skin and debone a fish at the table. Had some pasta to start with, and it was so good. Again the house red. Ended up being pretty inexpensive for everything I got. I might have offended the waiter since I don't speak Italian very well (I said the wrong word and didn't realize it until I got back to the hotel). But he shrugged it off. I did not care for the musicians coming and going begging for money. Some restaurants chase them off, some don't. They setup their amps right in front of our table on the second night and we had a good 30 minutes of not being able to talk to each other. Anyway, good food. Would go back.

• Visited July 2013
Palermo, Italy
“Plentiful dinner with a very friendly ambiance”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

If you wanna try the typical Catanese horseflesh, this is the right place. They also serve amazing fresh fish and some traditional dish of the well known Italian cuisine. The portions are very rich and the service is very friendly and kind. Also a good list of wines. Amazing horseflesh fillet and meatballs (very similar to small hamburgers and super tasty). To try at least once. It is not a place for tourists, many many locals await for a table too.

• Visited June 2013