“Fantastic restaurant!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro Catania
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My girlfriend and I ate at this restaurant as we knew it was recommended by the Slow Food guide. We were surprised to get a table without booking even though it was early and were a bit dubious if we had found the right place. The food soon confirmed that we had! It was fantastic - especially the tuna carpaccio and the vegetable risotto (my girlfriend says it is the best she has ever tasted!). I would also recommend the Veal main course (I cannot remember the exact name).

There are newer reviews for Metro

Reviewed October 21, 2011

My husband and I dined at Metro on our last night in Italy. The food was unbelievable. They offerred gluten-free pasta and knew about the importance of preventing cross contamination (always ask for senza glutine and acqua pulita). We also had an unbelievable grilled calamari dish. What a perfect meal to end our vacation!

Reviewed October 19, 2011

The long name of the restaurant must reflect the personal drive and touch of the owner, a friendly man, who speaks english well. The menu is basic but delicate with fresh local fish and typical italian dishes. The ambiance is intimate and personal. The wine list, but better still, the advice of the owner is superb. Excellent location for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

The street setting on Via Croceferi with it's dark ash smothered buildings and graffiti Walls, dog barking and students sitting on terrace steps nearby made an odd first impression. Contrast this to the delightful cuisine, great service and excellent wine list, made this place one to remember. Try the cous-cous vegetariano and filet viletta

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Nice large menu, excellent service. Food very good.