TripAdvisor
Catania
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews via garibaldi piazza duomo sesto elevator suite centre city
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2019

Despite two signs stating that towels are changed daily if requested (photos attached), the management made us feel uncomfortable when asking them to honor this policy. The interaction was unprofessional and it felt awkward to justify the request for a fresh towel.

Prior to booking, I wish I had noticed the management's response to online reviews, several of which I find disrespectful (e.g. telling a customer they won't waste their time by responding to feedback). Coupled with our awkward towel experience, I fear that guests are not respected here. I encourage this B&B to consider that a culture of hospitality and honesty can be a valuable asset, especially when pricing is otherwise misaligned with property quality.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed June 19, 2019

The B&B is located about 5 minutes walk away from the Duomo and the central piazza of Catania so it’s ideal for a city break. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful including booking a restaurant our first night and organising a taxi to the airport as we left, (at a very good rate). The downside, as other visitors have mentioned, is the lack of elevator. There are 82 steps to climb from the ground floor to the B&B rooms on the fourth floor. Luggage is hoisted up by pulley and there is a structure in place for the installation of an elevator but it’s best to check beforehand whether this has actually been installed if you are concerned about access. We were told it was due to be finished this month (June 2019). Breakfast was very good.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed March 8, 2019

It is a nice and cozy place. Quite committed and kind staff particularly Dalila. Rooms are not large but clean, well designed and beds fine. Good breakfast, sense of safety. I enjoyed my stay at Palazzo Sisto. Fair B&B!

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

This is a great B&B exceptiinaly situated on Via Garibaldi, ofering imediat access to all landmarks in Catania! Quiet, extremely cleand and well appointed! You will find there a walking enciclipedia (that would be lovely Julia, your hoast!) whom will provide all details needed for an great stay and a fruiful visit to Catania- just ask abd she will go way and beyond to assist you. They service and manner of communication are fair, transparent and thorough-you are well taken care of withought feeling that your privacy is suffering! The B&B is located in, of course, a 17th something Palazzo so history surrounds you! Stairs are beautiful (and provide some much needed excercise after the means one has in Catania) (anyway, not to worry if you dob't need or want such excercise-an elevator will be soon instaled!) Rooms are fair in dimensions, sufficient and nicely/simple decorated-you have all neded at hand for a short stay. Bathroom is nicely arranged! We ate happy yo have found this location and will surely return! See you soon Julia!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My husband & I and two friends. Great location center of city. Very secure, extremely clean, attractive - don't be put off by the exterior of the building, inside is totally modern. The owner speaks English and is most kind & helpful. Our rooms were lovely with comfortable beds, big fluffy pillows, skylight windows, TV, great mirrors, wifi - well appointed bathroom (with hairdryer etc) Only drawback is it's on the 4th floor with no elevator (they carry your luggage up for you, & the stairs are wide & well lit)fortunately, they plan to have a lift put in before next year. ( otherwise I'd rate them a 5) we all slept Very well

Date of stay: September 2018