“Excellent Pizza”

Il Vecchio Mulino
Ranked #2 of 481 Restaurants in Sassari
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Old Mill , an old mill of 1600 recently restored , is a restaurant serving Sardinian regional cuisine following the seasonality criteria , km 0 , organic , Slow Food. It is also a cultural center where we organize events such as exhibitions , book launches , theater , films , concerts.
Reviewed June 16, 2018

The entrance may be small, but inside you'll find a decent sized restaurant with tables full of people. I recommend the pizzas, which taste great and will not disappoint. We also tried their fried battered vegetable appetizer which was an interesting dish, not that unlike Japanese tempura.

Do note that their pizza is not small so it can be difficult for 1 person to finish.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Red3886

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

My first impression upon entering Il Vecchio Mulino was of its delightful atmosphere. But then I was treated with excellent service while I enjoyed a most scrumptious meal. Thank you.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank wildtramper
Reviewed April 28, 2018

Surprisingly quiet on the day we visited but the food here is a cut above. We both had light and sophisticated pasta dishes. Mine was a ravioli with a courgette sauce incorporating the flowers, sprinkled with aged sheep cheese and decorated with wild fennel. Perfect. My wife had macaroni with a courgette sauce which was also pronounced excellent. This is the sort of restaurant where you won't be leaving after just one course, so we opted for a cheese platter with myrtle jam and honey and some sweets that were all delicious. There is some real skill in the kitchen.

Service was friendly from a waitress with excellent english and enthusiasm about the best Sardinian products to try.

Highly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Phi01
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Very nice restaurant in the historical center. Might not be in your way, as it is located on a small street, but it worth a visit (anyway, the historical center is not that big). It is close to to Il Duomo and Pallazzo Ducale.
We ordered wild boar and pastas, all excellent. They also prepared something off menu for the child. For desert we had caramelized pear and ice-cream - exceptional. The service was also excellent and the prices were quite good.
I will come back for sure if I will return to Sassari.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We went in Vecchio Mulino for a business
Dinner in two. First of all I have to say they reply any kind of message you send, Facebook phone etc. then we found a table. It's a place very nice from an historical point of view and rich of interesting books. We ate starters and a main course. Please taste the one with fennel and lemon. I wish I could eat two!!!

Date of visit: October 2017