By taxi from Olbia airport around 10-15 minutes (€25) just outside the centre of Olbia- probably 20 minute walk- nearest shop is around 5 minutes walk with ATM about 10.
Room is really nice, modern, clean and has a boutique feel to it. High tech digital aircon, many different lighting including side flexi-reading lights -a nice touch. Plugs were plenty and close to bed which when charging a phone is great. The bed is large queen (almost king) and was very comfortable slept very well. There is a table and small arm chair both modern boutique design, a desk which is also used as the coffee/tea facilities and where the modern TV is. The Tv offers many channels as is full satelitte, 97% is in Italian but you will find BBC news and some French and German options.
The bathroom is very nice and includes a shower with three different heads, worked well but quite a confined area, there is also a bidet and some nice branded "citron" amenities that include shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion. There is a large powerful hair dryer also.
In addition this room included a balcony with two straw table and chairs with a pleasant view of Olbia, it is quite spacious and the only part of any room where smoking is allowed.
There is a central full service bar called flamingo and a restaurant buffet but did not use these facilities. In addition noticed a business centre. There is a nice looking shaped pool- all brand new and gym on top floor (although did not see). WIFI is free but requires password requiring alot of effort to get to the login screen (possibly a mac issue as same with iphone) once connected- sometimes fast and other times does not respond now and then which was frustrating when on business- if it was normal WIFI without these issues would give 5 stars.
Staff are really nice, check-in and check out was smooth and staff there were helpful guiding me (using a map) to closest ATM & small shops, restaurants etc (10 min walk).
Overall would definitely stay here again as very new & clean, slept well and overall staff were lovely- just need to sort out their WIFI.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern Doubletree Hilton offers a free swimming pool, free Wi-Fi access and a beautiful view on the Sardinian coast. Olbia's historic centre is just a 10-minute walk away.Hilton Doubletree's air-conditioned rooms all have an LCD HD TV with Sky channels and free tea and coffee-making facilities. Most have a furnished balcony overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Olbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Hotel Olbia
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Sardinia