“Good stay ; great staff , but location a let down”

Doubletree by Hilton Olbia
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Olbia
“Good stay ; great staff , but location a let down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stay here with my wife this summer and dont really write reviews on hotels but I thought it right after my stay this summer. The location is in the middle of nowhere but close to airport. The room was nice to my taste, carpet, modern etc. the pool area again good, but why I am writing this review was because of the staff. I am lucky enough I've been on a few hoildays and stayed at great hotels worldwide but I must say the staff were the best I ever met especially the barman. I so bad I forgot his name but he was the bar manager at the time and he was simply great. Recommended food, drink we had chats and just a great man. I remember he also lived in London before and was so proud of Sardinia. The check in staff were great as well. It's just a shame of the location but I would stay again for a couple of days. Overall good hotel great staff (and food I thought) , good atmosphere and the best barman I met. Well done mate

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Mandeep654
Ramona C, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

Our staff live up to high expectations are we are glad that our guests can see the pride we take in our hotel and our work. See you soon again in Olbia!

Kind regards.
Doiubletree by Hilton Olbia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Offers a good branded option when in Olbia - the rooms are excellent. If there out of season the service suffers as clearly staff are stretched and at base levels . Is not really walking distance to the main town so is quite isolated but is only 10 minutes from the airport.

• Stayed November 2012
Ryan D, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Olbia, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all feedback on our hotel. The surrounding area is part of an interesting future development project. We hope to see you back once it is completed.

Kind regards.
Wirral, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It feels like the sort of place that has been built in anticipation of other developments which have yet to materialise. It's virtually surrounded by a labyrinth of roads and waste ground that leave you slightly concerned at night as to what might be lurking out there.

Once inside the hotel it's a bright and airy modern hotel, I was treated to a larger room on the top floor and it was very nice indeed. The staff in the restaurant and bar deserve special mention, they are as helpful as can be. Likewise the housekeeping staff who always seemed to have a smile for the guests.

Reception staff fell a bit below the standard set in other departments, they didn't seem to know for example if room service was available or not. They cheerfully told me where to order it, but then later insisted that room service wasn't available "out of season".

The wifi is pitifully slow and seemed very unstable (Isn't it always the way when it's free?). Colleagues on other floors all shared my experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VinnieVX7
Kaunas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel 2 nights. Hotel is quite new with modern and clean rooms,complimentary wi-fi (ask reception for the access code).Our room had a queen size bed and a large bathroom, Bathroom was full of water after taking the shower, because the showers doors were installed wrongly. Hotel has a big free parking. In general it is typical Doubletree. It is good for business not for family travell.
The view from our window was to the highway... not very nice for me.
Location is outside the citycenter so the car is the must (or you will need a cab to reach the center). Looks like hotel was built before the crisis and there were planned a few other buildings, but everything stopped.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shamanenas
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Doubletree in September for 5 nights.

Staff were friendly without exception.

Breakfast was buffet style and I was able to order an omelette and fresh latte daily.

Rooms were modern and very clean.

Plenty of free parking.

Free wi-fi, get the code from reception.

We paid extra for a balcony, but we only used it to dry our swimming gear, so could have done without it and used the money we saved for a couple more of Samuele's fantastic cocktails (he is such a great asset for the hotel - polite, great at his job & good knowledge of the island).

AC wasn't great.

The hotel is maybe a mile out of town, but that wasn't a problem at all.

I hope to return again very soon.

Room Tip: No need to fork out extra for a balcony if you're out all day seeing the island
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
rüsselsheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were landing in Olbia Airport when it got dark. So we have had some trouble to find the hotel outside the citycentre. Because the signpostings are not quite exuberant.But the hotel was nice.Modern, tidy rooms, parking inside the hotel area. Our room was funcional equipped.Wonderful the large bathroom and the big bedroom. The bed was a little bit short, but for one night ok.If you want to eat. The restaurant has good meals, but the service is not quickly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I travelled on my own and stayed for 8 nights. I was very well looked after by all members of staff, who knew me by name and even the bar man at flamingos bar, despite my lack of italian! Very helpful and respectful staff and always happy to assist with any questions or queries. The hotel also offers a tour guide which was also very good. The room was spacious and very clean and the food at the restaurant is very good quality. Due to exceptional service and friendliness of the hotel, I will be definitely visiting again!

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olbia
Jazz Hotel
#1 of 22 in Baia Sardinia
Hotel Luna Lughente
Hotel Luna Lughente
#7 of 40 in Olbia

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Olbia? Share your experiences!