“Excellent stop over”
Review of Jazz Hotel

Jazz Hotel
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Olbia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped here for one night and we were very happy with this hotel. The room was so spacious and pleasantly decorated in a contemporary style. The bed was huge and so comfortable bathroom again very clean and spacious. We ate in the Hotels restaurant at night it was fantastic beautifully presented and the food just melted in your mouth delicious. We also found the staff helpful and very pleasant. Breakfast was also good with a superb choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear guests,

it's a real pleasure receive your review.

We thank you for your beautiful words about our services, rooms and staff.

We're looking forward to have you here again.

Marcella Chabert - Sales Manager Jazz Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked online after reading great feedback on " TripAdvisor" we weren't disappointed. It is ideally situated for the city and the airport, It's modern, spotlessly clean, comfortable beds and a great choice for breakfast.

We found the staff to be friendly, cheerful and helpful above and beyond what we expected of them, the receptionist overheard we were experiencing problems printing our boarding passes for our impending flight home and offered to help, after several attempts taking up almost 30 minutes of their time they were able to print them for us without charge.

Thank you again Jazz Hotel for a great stay, we will definetly be back!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bellascotia

Dear guest,

thank you for your beautiful words.

It means a lot to us to know that our guests appreciate our work.

We would be very happy to receive you again at the Jazz Hotel.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

7 minutes walk on paved path from Arrivals terminal, very little background aircraft noise can be heard (our Superior room with balcony overlooked hotel pool and terminal buildings 500mtr away) outside and virtually soundproofed in room with patio doors closed. The bathroom with a walk-in rain-shower was spotless and spacious, the king size Simmons mattress and bed was extremely comfortable and Frette linens and sheets were changed daily. Throughout the 3-storey modern building (built 5 years ago) all public areas were stylish and pristine- clean. With a large and pleasant sunbathing decked- terrace and 20 mtr swimming pool (with whirlpool-jet section) outside, this is also serviced by waiting staff from the indoor restaurant Bacchus. This restaurant is highly featured in tourist brochures for its 'fine dining' and we dined there for breakfast, lunch and dinner during our 2 night stay. It is attractively designed and furnished and proved a popular dining place with tourists and locals alike although prices were top-end, the 20 Euro set 2-course meal option including bread and water was served 'nouvelle cuisine' style (a bit pretentious for the limited range of the menu) and as such offered quite basic offerings (pasta with squid served in a small desert dish and a small chicken breast with 3 noisette roast potatoes) as such very small portions compared to the other main restaurants we tried in Olbia town, certainly not sufficient to constitute a dinner meal, more a menu tasting. However the service was friendly and atmosphere pleasant enough and Fabio the barman very friendly with a large selection of canapes at the bar and a couple of complimentary drinks to fill us up after our meal, so all quite good! All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful, not all spoke English but a good chance for us to practice our appalling Italian linguistics...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The jazz hotel is in an excellent location, in that it is very close to the airport, a large supermarket, shops and a short drive to Olbia city centre.

The hotel exceeded expectations and the staff were always going the extra mile to ensure we were ok. During my first day, I was upset about something and the management and staff worked with me to ensure I was satisfied. They demonstrated 6* customer service and maintained a high level of professionalism at all times.

We were never bored as each day the hotel reception shared ideas / itineraries which we could explore to see a bit more of Sardinia...including some calls to nearby vineyards and wineries.

The restaurant serves lovely authentic Italian cuisine (popular with guests and locals), the half board extension is definitely worth it.

I would suggest hiring a car as there is a fair bit to see in the surrounding areas.....

The Jazz hotel gets top score from me and will be my base if ever in Sardinia again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors were my favourite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue C
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear guest,

we would like to thank you for your kindly review.
We're glad that you have appreciated our hotel, our customer service, location, rooms and our Bacchus Restaurant.
We really look forward to welcom you here at the Jazz Hotel again.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very good hotel,improved by,superb service by all the staff we encountered,everyone of them had a smile,and were so helpful. For a large hotel they were exceptional,we did not try the Spa nor swimming pool, so could not mark same Would definitely stay again.. Denis /Catherine

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear guest,

it's been a pleasure to read your nice review about your stay at the Jazz Hotel.

We're very glad that you have appreciated our customer service, our staff and services.
We hope that next time you can try our relax area and outdoor swimming pool!

We really look forward to welcome you here at the Jazz Hotel again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We booked this Hotel to break up a very long journey to Cala Gonone from Lincolnshire, Britain, months in advance. A meal had been ordered. When we arrived, tired and hungry, looking forward to our meal as we hadn't eaten properly for hours in anticipation of a decent supper, the Manager, though very nice, said he hadn't received our email and I had to prove that I had sent one by showing him my sent box. When he saw the email sent to Jazz Hotel with our chosen menu, he just said "Ah, we receive hundreds of emails!" No apology! To his credit he said that he wouldn't let us go hungry and that we could have some pizza or something. I thought he meant gratis to make up for the fact that the meal I had ordered for all 6 of us including 2 children had not been provided-but we had to PAY! I could not believe it but tried to keep calm. We were served by a polite (but non - effusive-if you know what I mean) waitress and went up to our rooms which were great-even though you had to pay for the refreshments in the mini fridge-and no tea or coffee making facilities (or iron that I could find!) We slept well despite the noise of the air-conditioning (essential) and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. On our return stay, the Hotel had LOST the details of our second triple room-causing us additional stress and had to give us another one-so bang went our adjoining rooms for families! And no sea view! Also in the info booklet it said that the wellness area was open till 9.30 p.m. and at 7.30 p.m. I phoned reception to ask that the Turkish room be warmed up like it said but she told me that it shut at 8. Disappointed, as that is one reason I chose that Hotel, I said that I had missed it then and she said yes. I went back to the info booklet wondering how I could get it so wrong-but there it was-"CLOSES AT 9.30 P.M! " I phoned the receptionist again, apologising but that the info booklet said it closed at 9.30 and not 8. She said that she would ask her colleague who promptly told her it shut at 9.30 p.m. The steam room and sun shower etc was a lovely end to a stressful day travelling and then finding out there wasn't a room for half of us but If I hadn't checked again I would have missed it-good job I am likened to a Yorkshire Terrier at times! We told them we had an early flight of 08.15 and what could they do for us breakfast- wise and they said they did an early breakfast at 6 which consisted of snacks and coffee. Knowing what a good breakfast they provide, from 2 weeks ago, we asked if we could make up a packed breakfast from the full buffet. Our daughter, who's flight was 2 hours later than ours offered to bring it over to the Airport for us (and there was plenty of time for that too as our flight was an hour late!) but the Hotel said that food couldn't be taken off the premises-even though we had PAID FOR IT! And this Hotel is not cheap! I was disgusted and felt like shouting but I didn't have the energy after only having had some nutella'd melba toast! The actual Hotel is lovely, bright and modern but I was very disappointed with how we were neglected. I have to say that the Barman was the best I have come across though! My advice is: Check that all the staff are fully trained and can cope with reading lots of emails (this is the 21st century after all) and have brushed up their customer skills before you visit here-especially if you have a heart condition!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view-you never know, you might get one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 248Kimmy
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night after arriving on a late flight. The hotel is bright smart and feels good.
We got upgraded to a corner suite with a huge balcony great rooms with very attractive furnishings. The restaurant Bacchus was excellent too. The hotel was almost faultless except for wifi only being in the public areas and being too far away from anywhere (except the airport) to walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review.

It'a a pleasure for us to receive good feedback as your.

We would like to inform you that we are now implementing our wi-fi to all our hotel.

As you said, it's true that we are just a few minutes walk from the airport but we are very near also to some of the most beautiful beaches of Sardinia and the city center it's just 2km, reacheble with the bus that stops just in front of the hotel.

We really hope to receive you again at the Jazz Hotel.

Marcella Chabert - Sales Manager Jazz Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olbia
Hotel Panorama
4 mi away
Speraesole
Speraesole
#9 of 40 in Olbia

Been to Jazz Hotel? Share your experiences!