Jazz Hotel
$193
getaroom.com
  • Pool
1,067 results
All reviewsclose to the airportairport hotelbacchus restaurantolbia airportgreat hotelearly flightmodern hotelflight homenice poolbreakfast selectionstayed two nightsturkish bathswimming poolsmall balconysky tvbusy roadperfect location
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We booked this Hotel to break up a very long journey to Cala Gonone from Lincolnshire, Britain, months in advance. A meal had been ordered. When we arrived, tired and hungry, looking forward to our meal as we hadn't eaten properly for hours in anticipation of a decent supper, the Manager, though very nice, said he hadn't received our email and I had to prove that I had sent one by showing him my sent box. When he saw the email sent to Jazz Hotel with our chosen menu, he just said "Ah, we receive hundreds of emails!" No apology! To his credit he said that he wouldn't let us go hungry and that we could have some pizza or something. I thought he meant gratis to make up for the fact that the meal I had ordered for all 6 of us including 2 children had not been provided-but we had to PAY! I could not believe it but tried to keep calm. We were served by a polite (but non - effusive-if you know what I mean) waitress and went up to our rooms which were great-even though you had to pay for the refreshments in the mini fridge-and no tea or coffee making facilities (or iron that I could find!) We slept well despite the noise of the air-conditioning (essential) and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. On our return stay, the Hotel had LOST the details of our second triple room-causing us additional stress and had to give us another one-so bang went our adjoining rooms for families! And no sea view! Also in the info booklet it said that the wellness area was open till 9.30 p.m. and at 7.30 p.m. I phoned reception to ask that the Turkish room be warmed up like it said but she told me that it shut at 8. Disappointed, as that is one reason I chose that Hotel, I said that I had missed it then and she said yes. I went back to the info booklet wondering how I could get it so wrong-but there it was-"CLOSES AT 9.30 P.M! " I phoned the receptionist again, apologising but that the info booklet said it closed at 9.30 and not 8. She said that she would ask her colleague who promptly told her it shut at 9.30 p.m. The steam room and sun shower etc was a lovely end to a stressful day travelling and then finding out there wasn't a room for half of us but If I hadn't checked again I would have missed it-good job I am likened to a Yorkshire Terrier at times! We told them we had an early flight of 08.15 and what could they do for us breakfast- wise and they said they did an early breakfast at 6 which consisted of snacks and coffee. Knowing what a good breakfast they provide, from 2 weeks ago, we asked if we could make up a packed breakfast from the full buffet. Our daughter, who's flight was 2 hours later than ours offered to bring it over to the Airport for us (and there was plenty of time for that too as our flight was an hour late!) but the Hotel said that food couldn't be taken off the premises-even though we had PAID FOR IT! And this Hotel is not cheap! I was disgusted and felt like shouting but I didn't have the energy after only having had some nutella'd melba toast! The actual Hotel is lovely, bright and modern but I was very disappointed with how we were neglected. I have to say that the Barman was the best I have come across though! My advice is: Check that all the staff are fully trained and can cope with reading lots of emails (this is the 21st century after all) and have brushed up their customer skills before you visit here-especially if you have a heart condition!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view-you never know, you might get one!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 248Kimmy
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night after arriving on a late flight. The hotel is bright smart and feels good.
We got upgraded to a corner suite with a huge balcony great rooms with very attractive furnishings. The restaurant Bacchus was excellent too. The hotel was almost faultless except for wifi only being in the public areas and being too far away from anywhere (except the airport) to walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review.

It'a a pleasure for us to receive good feedback as your.

We would like to inform you that we are now implementing our wi-fi to all our hotel.

As you said, it's true that we are just a few minutes walk from the airport but we are very near also to some of the most beautiful beaches of Sardinia and the city center it's just 2km, reacheble with the bus that stops just in front of the hotel.

We really hope to receive you again at the Jazz Hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Close to the airport and also to 5 different beaches near the town of Olbia. The finnest beach at about 30 km is Porto Istana and you can take nr 5 bus from the station near the hotel- 1 minute walking, but you can also go to Pittulungo beach, Pelicano, Le saline. We had a very pleasant staying at the Hotel. The staff of the hotel was very kind and helping, available with all the possible information. The staff of the restaurant Bacchus, Fabio and the romanian girl from Galati were also kind offering us information about what to see on the island. We are definitely going to return here!

• Stayed: August 2013
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear guest,

it's very satisfying for us to receive reviews like yours.

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Jazz Hotel and that you have appreciated our good location, that let our guests to easily reach some of the most beautiful sardinian beaches, and all our staff.

We are really looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am somewhat baffled as to what kind of review I should write. Is this an airport hotel? Because if it is then its one of the much better ones around the world....but if its not an airport hotel then I would say the location of this hotel is big big minus.

The hotel was built around 2009. Staff are very friendly. Rooms are spacious with very nice bathrooms and showers!!!! (finally a hotel where they didnt install bathtubs). Internet is free. Only wired in the room and wireless in the lobby. They promised me that this will be rectified by September of 2013
They have something called a swimming pool. Its more like a big bath tub.Useless for swimming.
Breakfast is good.
I really liked this hotel although i dont really get the concept. If somebody comes to Sardinia for holiday I dont see why they would stay in this hotel mostly because of its location.
If you stay here then plan on having a rental car.
Hotel is very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your review.

We can say that our hotel is well-versed to serve both guests who need to stay near the airport and business travellers, but also leisure guests.

In fact we are very close to the airport (500 meters, 10 minutes walk) but at the same time our location let our guests to be close to the most beautiful Sardiania beaches, the main Sardinian roads and we are also only 2km from the city centre that it's easily reachable with the public transport; the bus stop is just in front of the hotel.

So, several guests choose us for different reasons since we can meet various needs.

We're happy that you have appreciated our rooms and services and we hope to see you again here at the Jazz Hotel.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed here the night before our flight home, purely for the fact it was a 10 minute walk to the airport (and we had an early flight) and dropped our hire car back the day before. Lovely modern hotel, beautiful rooms and bathroom. The hotel restaurant is lovely and the menu delicious, but a bit expensive (20 euros for 2 course meal special offer then cheapest wine 16 euros a bottle) so we chose to eat at a pizzeria over the road. Breakfast was lovely- really varied choice and starts at 7am for those needing to leave early. Obviously the hotel is near the airport and on a busy road, so no great views and not the nicest of areas, but for us it was just right for our last night and convenient location for the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
JazzhotelOlbia, Sales Manager at Jazz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear guest,

we would like to thank you for your review.

We are glad that you have appreciated our rooms and also our early-breakfast service that we guarantee for all our guests that have to leave before the breakfast time.

As you say, we are very close to the airport (500 meters, a 10 minutes walk), that is very convenient for all our guest that have to take a flight or that are arriving in Olbia by plane. But our location is very convenient also for those who want to visit some of the most beautiful Sardiania beaches; we are also only 2km from the city centre that it's easily reachable with the public transport; the bus stop is just in front of the hotel.

We're looking forward to see you soon here in Olbia at the Jazz Hotel.