All reviews close to the airport city centre executive floor a small swimming pool elmas airport hotel is situated early flight arriving late cost euros short stay poetto beach 3euro taxis prostitutes channels minibar supermarket
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Access to the hotel travelling from the north was blocked by road- works. I had to make turn through the city. There's no problem to park car. Room and bathroom clean. One minus - in bathroom we have found onle one set of washing liquids.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Apart from being handy for the airport and having parking there are no other redeeming features. It is in the middle of an industrial estate and the slip road is closed so have to take a detour. Restaurant had no atmosphere and we had an omelette which was more like burnt scrambled egg. For some reason the music was Nickelback constantly! Room was tired and air con very noisy.

We should have stayed in Cagliari and probably found somewhere for half the money and a lot nicer.

Very disappointing!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Hi stephentutt,

Thank you for staying with us and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I am glad that our location and parking amenity worked out for you.

I am sorry to read about your disappointments with the room received and with your dining experience. I also regret any inconvenience the air conditioning system may have caused. Please know that this is not reflective of IHG's high standards.

I have forwarded your comments to our management team. These will help us determine what we could further improve on to be able to deliver a highly satisfactory experience. In addition, I have sent you a private message to further discuss your review.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with my two children aged 23 and 14. We had two rooms on the executive floor which were lovely and spacious and well equipped with air conditioning, king sized bed and modern bathroom all nicely decorated.
We didn’t eat in the hotel but did have a drink in the bar one night. The bar wasn’t manned and we had to ask one of the receptionist to call for someone to serve us which was okay but I wouldn’t recommend the bar if you were planning on spending your evening here.

The pool is small and not heated but lovely and clean. We used this twice during our stay and you reach it by turning left when you exit through the main door. It officially opens at 10:30-19:00 but people were using it before this time so I don’t think it’s a hard and fast rule. The pool only gets the sun on the morning so can get quite cool in the afternoon.

We got a taxi to town and back each day which costs around 15euros each way. I would suggest getting dropped off at the train station which is by the port and most of the eating places. This is also the best place to get your return taxi.

It’s also a good place to get the bus to Poetto beach. You can get an all day bus pass from any newsagents for 3euro. You just stamp this when you get on the bus and it takes about fifteen minutes to get to The buses run very regular and it tells you in English which bus to get at the bus stop.
There isn’t anywhere to eat around the hotel so best to go into town where you can get a nice meal for around 50 euros for two with wine.
I did find a carrefour supermarket around 15 mins walk from the hotel. If you leave the hotel and turn right then take your first left you will see it at the top of the hill. It’s an easy walk and there is a lovely cafe in the shopping centre there that opens at 7:00 if you want to dander up for cheap freshly squeezed orange juice and bagels in the morning.
The shopping centre/ supermarket opens at 9:00 if you want to bring some snacks and drinks back to the hotel rather than buying out.
It takes less than ten minutes to get here from the airport so we just jumped in a taxi when we landed. They have a set fare of 20euros for a taxi from the airport but it only cost me 15 on the way back.
The staff at the hotel are really friendly and I would recommend the hotel. It might cost a little in taxis but the hotel is not expensive to stay at and it is of a good standard.
Had a great stay and would recommend the hotel for any type of traveller.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2018

We stayed here for one night simply to avoid having to travel across Sardinia for the flight in the morning.

It was surprisingly nice.

We had the same problem as the guy below with the two double beds but they moved us to an executive room with a sofa bed and minibar which was very nice.

The location is remote but only 2 miles from the airport .

Lots of prostitutes standing on street corners on the way into the hotel which wasnt a pleasant site but thats hardly the hotels fault.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is situated in an industrial area between Cagliari Airport and the town, so you MUST have a car if you need to go around. The staff is very helpful, the hotel is very clean and the rooms are of a very good standard with good wifi and Sky tv channels. Breakfast was very good. I tried the pool which was nice and clean, whereas the mini gym is really mini, basically a few machines in a tiny room.

Date of stay: July 2018