New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“very close to Cagliari airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Cagliari

Holiday Inn Cagliari
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Cagliari
“very close to Cagliari airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Only go there if you want to be next to Cagliari airport otherwise there is nothing there nothing the hotel itself is suitable for business meetings and conferences but not for a holiday. The room was clean and decent enough for the price. There was an over night car parking for free which is great

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear foozyloozy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are pleased to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and look forward to serving you in the future.

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Poznan, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I think there are a lot of better hotels in Cagliari, closer to the city center. Holiday Inn does not offer nothing special, but the standard hotel.
Next time I would like to book some other place with the better access to the center.

Free wi-fi only for one hour, then you need to pay.
Breakfast not induced in the cheapest price.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear ZarcoZarco,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests. I am sorry you found our hotel location less than satisfactory. It is feedback like yours which aids the hotel in continuous improvement.

Shall your travels bring you to the area again we hope for the opportunity to provide you a quality stay with us all around.

Zelyn N
Tromso, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

To start with its far from the city center, you have to go by car or taxi. The nearest bus stop is 1 km away. If you care coming by car its ok, but if you are planning to be without, and go to the city center or go to the beach is this hotel really inconvenient.

The service and especially the internet were equally on and off. The internet connection was 12 euro for 24 hours. That’s really unacceptable these days, what was even worse that the internet was non existing. If you are planning to work, pay bills or book tickets from here it’s really a bad idea. Trying to get it to work. There was little help to get from the staff that even refused to hand out another internet code (only one per device). That is really annoying.. The breakfast wasn’t very nice at all. The upside is that it the rooms are ok.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Msmaryia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. While we are pleased that you liked our rooms, it is regrettable that you were not satisfied during your stay, with regards to the level of service received, internet connection and breakfast served. Please accept our apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. As a valued guest, we take the confidence you place in us very seriously and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Cagliari hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

When I was recently in this city I had the misfortune to be robbed at a downtown restaurant. I was suddenly left with no money, no debit or Visa card, no identification and helpless. The staff at the restaurant were very nice, called my hotel to explain my situation. The hotel sent a Taxie down to pick me up and take me back to my hotel. When I returned to the hotel, the staff once again were so very kind and helpful so that I could get everything arranged for my departure which was scheduled for the next day A heartfelt thanks to all the staff at the hotel. I will remember this experience. Judy

Room Tip: This location is convenient to the airport. Al the rooms are very nice and the location is quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Judy E
Dendermonde
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

this is a typical Holiday Inn property, even the hotel walls are green!The reception area and hotel rooms are adequate, the restaurant is above standard, with an excellent price/quality ratio and quick service.plenty of parking space outside ( free) or at a nominal fee ( 3 euro) for the covered parking space.The hotel is located in an industrial zone in between the airport and city center,and is difficult to find,but the same goes for any place on Sardinia,you definitely need a GPS

Room Tip: we had rooms on the fourth floor ( executive floor) which were adequate, although not too big.Import...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Luc P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced surrounding our location. We have taken note of your comments and these will be taken into consideration in our efforts to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Pasadena, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here three nights on holiday in March 2014. Beginning with a very rude check-in experience with the (male) Reservations and Front Desk Manager, the stay was unpleasant. The location is isolated, in an ugly industrial area, requiring expensive taxi rides to either the airport or city. My wife and I were stuck in one of the two hotel elevators for some time before we were able to claw our way out. No one answered the alarm. When we informed the front desk, they nonchalantly noted that, "Oh, we have trouble with that elevator from time to time." Then why don't you place an Out Of Order sign on it and FIX IT? My wife is claustrophobic and nearly melted down from the experience. She tried to utilize the stairwell to our fourth floor room after that experience but the (inept) hotel management had locked all the stairwell exits and she was again trapped. She had to call me from her cell phone to rescue her. Upon checkout, the Reservations and Front Desk Manager again lost our reservation and tried to tell us we couldn't check out for one more day. Again I had to dig out my hard copy of the reservation details to again prove him wrong. This property management is a disaster. My wife and I have each visited over 200 countries, we are IHG Platinum Ambassador level members and we find this property among the worst in the IHG international chain. They don't belong in the chain, in my humble opinion.
Dr Steven, Pasadena, CA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Steven S
GMHicagliari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Dr Steven,

thank you for leaving a comment about your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Cagliari, I am sorry to hear that it was not a positive experience and for this I do apologize.

My staff had been trying to provide the best care on site, but from the tone of your message it is clear that we have not been able to meet your expectations and for that I am personally really sorry.

I can assure that your review has stimulated the implementation of our customer care policy and
greater controls on mechanical equipment in the hotel.

Allow me to point out that an outside firm is in charge of maintenance of our elevators and that there have never been such failures that occurred during your stay. Our hotel company imposes us strict rules to be followed and frequent mystery calls to verify the compliance with the required standards.

The safety and well being of our guests are still in first place.

I do hope that my message can reach you and renew my personal and the hotel’s staff apologies.

Best regards,
Gianluca Mosca
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just stayed for 3 nights on business, the hotel is in the middle of no were but is very convenient if working at the airport.

The reception staff are very unfriendly, no matter how small the request was it seemed like hard work. the only friendly time was when i was checking out.

The restaurant was VERY poor, there menu has " menu of the day" but its not changed in months. very limited, and has about 1 pasta dish on it and NO pizza !!! come on we are in Italy we want pizza.

Luckly there is a pizzeria just outside the hotel that is fantastic.

the rooms were as expected, although the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Philip N
GMHicagliari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for leaving a comment about your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Cagliari, we are sorry to hear that it was not a totally positive experience and for this we do apologize.

Particularly, I am very sorry to hear you were not satisfied about the offer of our restaurant, for which we usually receive a lot of congratulations.

I do hope you could consider our hotel as alternative in Cagliari for your future stay and give us a second chance.

With my best regards,
Gianluca Mosca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cagliari
T Hotel
#7 of 35 in Cagliari
Hotel Costa dei Fiori
Hotel Costa dei Fiori
#2 of 14 in Santa Margherita di Pula

Been to Holiday Inn Cagliari? Share your experiences!