“Excellent hotel and of very contemporary design”
Review of T Hotel

T Hotel
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Cagliari
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for only one night but for that short stay the hotel impressed us with the standard of our room and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Our room was quite large, decorated in green and had a joystick to control the bathroom sink water supply !! The air conditioning was controlled from within the room and the wall safe was controlled by a numeric keyboard.

The main lobby area of the hotel is contemporary and spacious and the dining area was suitably large with a wide variety of food on offer for breakfast.

What is rather worrying is another Tripadvisor guests account of being abused when attempting to take a morsel of food out of the dining room. From my perspective a hotel is judged on how they treat their customers and what does a bread roll cost in comparison to a hotels reputation.

Also, a bit disappointing is that the area around the hotel is definitely down market with rubbish blowing around the streets and graffiti painted on any available space.

We undertook the fairly long walk up to the old town and were amazed by how tatty and scruffy the streets were. The old town is worth the walk but more impressive for the size of the towns fortifications than for the aesthetic appeal of the old town. Also, if you ascend to the old town by one of the city lifts be prepared for a fairly scary ride as one approaches the top of the lifts rails. If you do not have ahead for heights do not use the high level lifts as they run on just one slender girder.

We thought that this was a very impressive hotel but would not go to this part of Sardinia by choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

4. Rooms are clean
5. Good choice for breakfast with lots of fruits
6. Nice bar for having cocktail
7. Good air conditioning
8. Huge parking lot with free parking, big plus as this seems not possible in city center
9. Not exceptional but nice business/holiday hotel with good price value relation

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

First if all, at my arrival, I found some hair in the bath tub. I was too tired to complain (but now I acknowledge I should have) and just cleaned it off with disinfectant myself. Then the following morning in the breakfast room, after having had just 1 espresso, I decided to pack my breakfast with me as I wasn't hungry at that time, therefore I took some fruit with me. The waiter came to me and started yelling at me pointing the finger saying I could not bring the fruit with me. This was done as if he was speaking to a child, in front of all my colleagues and my manager! I wanted to speak to the manager about this and he pretty much told me that as tourists had the habit of packing full lunches from the breakfast, they had to set this rule. I told him I wasn't a tourist but a professional just taking some fruit, and he replied they don't have bandwidth to weigh the situation case by case! Please note there were only 10 people in the breakfast room. I got really angry. First of all I think it's a stupid rule (if you monetise the price of a pissed off customer compared to the price of one apple and two plums!). Then I (and all my colleagues who witnessed this horrific scene) think that he waiter was very rude and that no customer should be treated like that. I will NEVER Stay here again and I do not recommend it at all! No empathy for the customer, just a sort of aggressive and pretentious behaviour.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Georgette84
customercare_thotel1, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at T Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Georgette,
we are really sorry to know about your bad experience.
It is very important for us to know if anything is wrong: we wish you had informed us about the room at the time, as many of these issues could be dealt with promptly.
We also apologise about the inconvenience in the breakfast room: we clearly remember this episode; fortunately we have few of them.
We do have a strict rule about taking breakfast food out of the restaurant and this is clearly stated with several signs. If just a couple of fruits had been taken, we wouldn’t have had any problems. In your case, the food was much more and this could not be accepted.
We’ve never wanted to hurt anybody’s feelings because of our staff behaviour. As well, we always ask for the maximum respect for our staff members. The waiter you are talking about is our maitre and he wasn’t rude at all, as well as it wasn’t the Duty Manager you yelled at later.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you, if you would contact us via mail at customercare@thotel.it.
We do genuinely strive to delight all of our guests and we are sorry that you won’t stay at THotel anymore.
Yours sincerely,
Enrica Carbini

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, although pretty business style. Depending on the deal you get for the weekend, you can actually get a smart car for rental included in it, which is pretty useful if you want to visit the beaches or archeological sites nearby. The rooms are pretty standard, and breakfast is ok. It's a bit far from the beach, but overall a good hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2014

T-hotel is almost the best in Cagliari,Sardinia.As usual, Aldo the great, was very kind to me. Aldo always improve his skills every year, I see him. This time, i had the change to spend 2 great days with his massage skills. T-hotel was more aware of customer's need. There was so many beautiful red rosses in my room, when I arrived.The room was nice and peaceful...........
I truly liked my eoom this year, the tempreture of this room could be controlled.The breakfast as
usual was nice too but the quality of the breakfast was a little down. The cakes were less tasty,
the bread was normal but the jam was poor.What made me very happy at the breakfast was the new orange juice machine. This was a great improvement. Please keep the quality of yr nice breakfast.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the front is the best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Traveled on business .. reservation was made by host .. staff where great .. rooms modern comfortable and easy ont eye .. great bed .. great breakfast .. ...... would gladly stay again on my next visit

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent modern hotel with superb attentive staff who not only make you feel welcome but go the extra mile to make your stay really enjoyable. The only snag I could find was my room was on two floors and You have to drag your luggage up a staircase to get to the bedroom / bathroom and wardrobe. Otherways no complains. The enchanting touch with red roses is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cagliari
Hotel Villa Fanny
#14 of 33 in Cagliari
Hotel Panorama
Hotel Panorama
#1 of 40 in Olbia

Been to T Hotel? Share your experiences!