“Local Sardinian Food and Atmosphere”
Review of SA Turra

SA Turra
Ranked #363 of 1,189 Restaurants in Cagliari
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2017

We ate here on a weeknight, and it was busy. No wonder--we enjoyed fresh seafood pasta in a family-run restaurant. The other diners enjoyed what looked like amazing meals as well. If we had more time we would have come back here.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

While in Cagliari for 3 weeks, we ate here a few times. No tourists, low prices, lots of locals, a fun menu. I loved their pasta carbonara.

I went to the kitchen and handed the old ladies 20€. You'd have thought I'd given them a new car!

Can't wait to return.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed November 1, 2016

This is a small family-run trattoria with a pleasant ‘local’ atmosphere. There did not appear to be any tourists on the two evenings we were there as everyone was speaking Italian (although there could have been Italian tourists of course). It does not open until around 8 - 8.15 pm

The single waiter – presumably the owner - took orders, served drinks and meals, and cleared away plates with great efficiency and an ever-present smile and friendly manner. I noticed that although the restaurant was busy he never wrote down any order – and as far as I could tell always had the right dish for the right person.

The menu had a reasonable selection of standard Italian fare (except pizza) and was fairly priced. The house wine was 6 euros a litre. Over our two nights all the food was good with the exception of the horse steak, which was so tough as to be uneatable so I left most of it. When the bill came he hadn’t charged for it, which was a good gesture as I hadn’t suggested not paying for it (even though it was clear that I hadn’t eaten much of it). I was later told that the horse on Sardinian menus usually comes from old and knackered horses. Whether it’s true or not I don’t know, but it certainly seemed so in this case so I would advise avoiding the horse steak, although everything else was good.

Overall a good meal in a very pleasant and traditional trattoria ambience – we wouldn’t have gone the second time if we had not thought it worthwhile.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed June 3, 2016

This is the place in where you can enjoy original athmosphere and food. The seafood is tasty with reasonable price, but portions are not big. The owner is only waiter in the restaurant, so don't hurry when you are enjoying the food.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Lovely character restaurant, which is frequented by the locals on mass! Service was a bit slow but we didn't mind as it was nice to take in the atmosphere and see all the wonderful food on offer. All the lovely food was home cooked and the wine local. The service was done by the owner, who did a fantastic job!

Date of visit: October 2012