“Best shower in the world.”

Hotel Regina Margherita - Cagliari
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Cagliari
GreenLeadersGold level
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
“Best shower in the world.”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Arrived after overnight ferry trip from Naples. Girl behind desk was fantastic - she had worked in Australia so spoke excellent English. She was extremely helpful in telling us about the city and finding out about bus timetables etc. which was extremely helpful as all tourist information points were closed the days we were there. She also recommended places to visit in Sardinia.
The room was excellent, very clean and with an amazing shower- great water pressure. Breakfast was good and location great. A short walk from the harbour.would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary M
renato969, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Regina Margherita - Cagliari, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Sir,
Many thanks for your comments. I’m glad to have been helpful to your trip in Sardinia. I must admit some guests do not trust my Italian origin because of my Aussie accent!
I hope You will come again to visit Sardinia
Have a great evening,
Alice De Ferrari
Front Office Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Vashon
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We arrived late at night tired and hungry and Suzanna greeted us like family. She took care of our immediate needs and the next day helped us solve a billing problem from a previous hotel. Her assistance and humor are memorable.

The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast was yummy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Gwann, Malta
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The longer we stayed at this hotel, the more we realized how central to all points of interest it was. It is very modern and spic and span. The staff was also very friendly. I did not give it maximum rating because of the breakfast, which I hasten to add, was a very good buffet. My problem was that whenever an item finished, it either was not replaced at all or - if it was - after a very long wait. Moreover, I prefer brown bread and this was not available. Small defects in an otherwise excellent hotel.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the farther from the road that passes in front and so the quieter.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kwars0123
Guilford, CT
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This hotel is well located, clean, modern and efficient. I found the staff helpful and pleasant, and I also found the breakfast more than adequate (both in opposition to previous reviews). My room was well appointed and attractive. The closest thing to a complaint I have is that they only have wired internet service, and no wireless. Fortunately, I brought an ethernet cable with me... I booked the room on the internet, and when I contacted to ask about a special rate for a conference associated with the local university, I was told that my internet rate was lower than than the "special discount" rate, and I should stick with that!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed September 13, 2011

It was hard to find the hotel driving into the city, but once we arrived it was very handy to have their free car park which was easily accessible from the lift.
Pleasant staff, with limited English, and helpful in getting WiFi, which is only available in the lounge.
The room was good and we didn't have any problems, except with the 'jacuzzi' shower which was very small, sprayed everywhere, and the door didn't close properly - hence everything soaked.
When only there for the night it was great to be able to walk around the corner to the excellent selection of restaurants nearby, the smart shops, AND have a lovely sunset walk along the promenade. The next morning, it was hard to believe we were so close to the Bastion St Remy which gave a marvellous view of the city. There are some very smart bars up on top which we were sorry we missed the night the before, although we got a better feel for this lovely city down below I think, complete with live music, etc.
We got a great price for the hotel without breakfast, but found a lovely little cafe just below the St Remy, so I can't comment on the food. Because of the good price, this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I booked this hotel online before our trip to Sardinia and we were very pleased with everything. Great service - very clean and modern room - compftable bed - quiet at night - great location (5min from the shopping street and the centre) - nice tv (all the channels worked great) - breakfast was delicious altho it could have been a bit richer.
The workers were very friendly and helpful.

We spent the first two nights of our trip at Regina Margherita and came back for the last night - they offered us the a much better and bigger room for the same price!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Good hotel, clean, good location just off Via Roma. Short walk uphill to old town attractions and shopping. Breakfast included and it was good. I thought it had an outdoor terrace but apparently they only use this for conferences?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple