“Terrible”

Grotta Marcello
Ranked #794 of 1,008 Restaurants in Cagliari
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: An American Bar and pizzeria with a la carte menu too. Wonderful location with huge throng of people waiting for tables on a Saturday night. Excellent value for money even if the waiters are hopelss and slow - there is no rush as it is a great locaton from where you can watch the nightly "PASSAGIATA"
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Terrible”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you are a tourist, pick another restaurant! We were made to feel unwelcome and not treated as well as the locals! Food was average.

We went to this restaurant on Piazza Yenne because it seemed popular and had a good location.
We asked for a table and the waitress was unfriendly from the start and told us we had to wait 20 minutes. We waited 20 minutes and were then brought to our table which was squeezed in-between a tree and various other tables. The table setting was not as nice as for the locals and the portions we were given were also smaller than what the locals received. One of our dishes was bathing in oil. The dessert I received was in all fairness very nice, but not what I had ordered. When we eventually asked for the bill we waited 10 minutes, then asked again and waited some more. We eventually had to go inside and ask for the bill. All in all a terrible experience!

The tourists on the table next to us were also very unhappy with their dinner.

• Visited August 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London
“Huge variety of Pizza”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I found this on my first day in Cagliari and had lunch there, the menu has about ten pages of pizzas I chose the Daniella which included various seafood, capers and artichokes, it was well cooked, tasty and huge. I washed it down with a half litre of draught Tucher. The green salad I ordered was simply roughly cut iceberg type lettuce, improved by further chopping and the dressing I made. Fortunately it was not busy when I visited I was able to select a table outside and watch the world go by.

• Visited April 2012
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Don't expect fast food on a Saturday night”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This is the centre of Saturday night in Cagliari and the bar, restaurNt struggles to fulfil it's many roles providing pizza for some , a simple coffee for some others and a full a la carte for tey other diners. The seating outside fills up fast and the waiters do their best to monitor the tables but it's all delightfully chaotic. If you want gastronomy or romantic candle light go elsewhere.