“Segway Tour”

and up
Cagliari Segway Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cagliari Segway Tour is made unforgettable and funny by the Segway, that will allow you to run along and to watch closely the most hidden and fascinating alleys of the old city and to admire all the inestimable artistic treasures you will visit in an absolutely safe way and without any effort.Our tour includes a visit in the old city, through historical buildings, museums and thrilling landscapes… every Segway is provided with an audio-guide system, available in various languages!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Grafenwöhr, Bayern, Germany
“Segway Tour”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Definitely the way to go to see the sights of Cagliari. There are 3 different tours depending on what you are looking for. Extremely friendly and knowledgeable tour guides, we had so much fun! There was a lot we would have missed, and we covered more areas than we would have just walking, and learned a lot also. Our guide spoke English and they cover tours in other languages as well. Most definitely recommend! :)

Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended!! A must!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ivo is a great teacher - after a short lesson we were confident enough to start the tour. With a big smile on our faces we were soon tackling the slopes of Cagliari with interesting stops on the way...and a free drink overlooking the city. The Segway experience was one of the highlights of our Sardinian fly-drive. From now on - we will be looking for Segway tours wherever we go! Thanks, Ivo!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Karen M
Auckland, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
““Could not wipe the smile off my face"”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My sense of balance is well… pretty much non-existent. I can hardly climb stairs without falling, incredibly in an upwards direction. Tall as a child, I self-consciously walked with head and shoulders well down. By the age of 12 I had suffered intimate encounters with at least a dozen large solid objects resulting in many painful concussions.

Skiing was never going to work so instead I honed my apres-ski technique to Olympic standards. If you want to know where to drink the best mulled wine I am your girl.

It was the same for any sport that started with blades, wheels or skids. Yet here I was, about to begin my training session on a 2-wheeled ride of an altogether different kind; a Segway. And there I was thinking the word was some kind of conversational gambit. It must have been a decision involving love, alcohol or both.

By contrast Mr Man is whizzing around the portside car park, bending into the corners and even looking for speedbumps to gain a little ‘air’. I detest him in this minute and vow to remind him that his centre of gravity is a lot lower to the ground than mine…and then some.

Our instructor; and the founder of this venture is Ivo, whom after ten minutes I renamed “Ivo the Patient”. His biggest challenge was to get me over my fear of falling by showing me how easy it was to stand without moving on the Segway. As my teenage nephew would so eloquently explain what I was feeling; “I was bricking it”. And then, after what seemed like forever, I got it and I got it without falling off. Ivo the Patient had triumphed.

Here is how it works. To move forwards or backwards you simply lean forwards or backwards, just a little. To go left or right, you gently move the handlebars which in turn move the frame, left or right. Once I got these simple moves I was away. It felt so natural, almost instinctive. I was ecstatic! Here I was armed, in control of a Segway and most definitely dangerous. Cagliari Citadel here I come...

So off we set, like sheep in a line (well we are from New Zealand) following Ivo, across roads, along busy pavements and then finally up, up and into the old part of town. And everywhere along the way people are smiling at us, calling out and asking how hard it was. I felt quite the celebrity.

The tour itself is just what we like; not too lengthy, bite-size snippets of information delivered via your headphones and punctuated by ‘Ivo insights’. It gave us a great introduction to this ancient part of the city.

One and a half hours later we were back down at the Port with the biggest smiles ever. Forget your fears, don’t try and apply logic to what you are doing, just relax and listen to Ivo and go. You will have the most fun since you were a child...and all for just €30. Bargain.

Visited September 2012
Cologne, Germany
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was a great experience. It was our first time on a Segway and we really enjoyed it. We will definitely try it again in other cities. It is easy to learn.
Ivo was a great guide!

Visited May 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic laid back sightseeing in Cagliari.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Just back from the most amazing tour of Cagliari by Segway, guided by top bloke Ivo. Booking was very straightforward by email and matched our cruise ship arrival in port. A short walk to the Maritime Station pickup point for New Way. We got 30 minutes practical instruction and found Segway pretty natural to use. Then off on a 2hr trip with a winning combination of audio, music and Ivo commentary, all the way to the top of the city. What a beautiful place! Mid tour we stopped for a free coffee at Il Cafe de l'Arti which is a gem of a place with a fabulous deck looking over the old town. Ivo made the trip very special for us, taking several pics with our own camera and pointing out numerous interesting spots. If you only have time to do one thing in Cagliari, this tour is the must do. Grazie mille, Ivo :)

Visited May 2013