All reviewsbreakfast roomrooms are comfortablebars and restaurantssardegnastreet
Reviewed November 4, 2016

The staff were very friendly & helpful. There was a very reasonable choice at breakfast including eggs, cheese & meat. The hotel is situated just off Via Roma & Largo Carlo Felice, surrounded by shops, cafes & restaurants & close to the seafront/Port with Poetto beach a short drive away. I stayed for several nights on arrival in Sardinia & the night before leaving but was not disturbed by noise in the rooms I had. Both rooms I had were of a very reasonable size, one on the fourth floor & one on the third. The beds are quite firm. On the fourth floor I could not get internet & had to go to the first floor to use it. I could get internet on the third floor. The hotel could perhaps have been a little cleaner in places such as the skirting board but if I had to choose between a spotlessly clean hotel or friendly, helpful staff, I would always choose the latter. It was a comfortable & enjoyable stay at the Hotel Due Colonne.

Room Tip: If internet access is important in your room perhaps tell the hotel before booking
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank DevonAdorable
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Well located near to train and bus stations, marina, tourist office and street restaurants.

Room was "superior double" though used as a single. Good sized bedroom but no full length mirror; huge bathroom but no hooks to hang clothes. Jacuzzi in bathroom seemed great but exceedingly difficult to get out of. Shower attachment too short.

Fine selection of food for breakfast and good coffee.

WiFi worked OK and free for half hour according to notices. Was not charged for my usage.

Seemed to be a short stay hotel - rapid turnover of occupants and no lounge or opportunity to meet people. Lacked a focal point.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank JanN120
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Due Colonne is superbly located, immediately adjacent to the marina and the fascinating old quarter of this interesting and captivating city. Rooms are comfortable, and are surprisingly quiet given the proximity to the bustling harbour. There are a range of bars and restaurants close by. The outstanding feature of the hotel for us though was the exceptional customer service. Check-in and our various requests for help and information produced a very personable, professional and helpful response ( Anna is a star ) . In addition, we left an item in our room as we left for the UK, and the hotel could not have been more supportive in returning it to us. A great option in Cagliari, very good value too.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NigeandJane
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Great location to visit the city on foot. Hotel is easy to find. Close to bus terminal if you need it. Cosy and comfortable rooms. Breakfast was ok. Hotel staff was helpful with any requests regarding any topics. Would go back without a doubt.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ORANGE35
Reviewed July 21, 2016 via mobile

On first impression this hotel looks very small, unlike any other hotel. But it seems never ending. You go up in the elevator to the first floor to reception, this is also where the breakfast room is. They give you a wifi code on arrival, but we were on the 4th floor and it was a bit hit and miss in our room. The room is air conditioned, and big enough, with a shower room that has ample space to move around. The room is cleaned daily by a lovely team, who are conscientious. There is a tv in the room, but I struggled to find an English speaking channel unless we paid. Normally I would not bother with a tv but I wanted to watch the drama around BREXIT evolve. There is a safe and a fridge in the room, but no tea or coffee making facilities, but there is copious amounts of coffee shops in the vicinity.
Breakfast is the same each day, with plates of cakes and pastries, fresh bread, yoghurt, cheese, cold meats, fruit, eggs and plenty of spreads.
Fresh coffee is made to order, by the most sweetest young lady.
The hotel is close to all transport links, and you can purchase an all day bus ticket (3€)next door in the tobacco shop. The receptionists will explain what routes to get, a map is readily available. The reception desk is the first place to start they have amazing knowledge of their town and are extremely helpful and polite. Although near the port/marina the beach is approximately 15 mins away by bus, but it is no hardship the bus service one of the most regular I have found. All in all this is a lovely, clean hotel, we were glad that in the evening we were so close to everything, saying that it was also very quiet, even when Italy won their match in Euro16. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple