Yes, it could do with a bit of character and it wasn't perfect but this was all-round a good option for a 4 day stay.
So the good points:
- good location and although on a main road, it's one way and not that busy.
- good connections the bus to town comes right past the front door and the bus from airport stops just round the corner. You want the stop opposite Billa supermarket
- our room on the 4th floor was clean tidy, had sea views and air con.
- clean pool area with sun beds umbrella etc and roof terrace on 4th floor that no one uses
The not so good:
- a bit of construction work going on around you (end of May 12). The promenade directly outside the hotel is being done up and the hotel next door is having something added to the roof. Both should be done soon and not a major problem
- Breakfast buffet was basic but I understand breakfast in Italy isnt much anyway! It gets a bit same-y after four days
- our room had a fridge where hotel supplies water. Put your own drinks in, just remove while your room is cleaned and put them back after
- the daps restaurant about 100m along beach road away from town and back a block is excellent (well signposted)
- ice cream place in the piazza in old town (recommended by the Times according to the sign) is just yummy and if you want a cheap lunch go to th self service restaurant opposite it
- as already mentioned take bus from airport as only €1.50 each
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Soleado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soleado Hotel Alghero
- Hotel Soleado Alghero, Sardinia