“Excellent Location , close to beach , clean and comfortable.”
Review of Rina Hotel

Rina Hotel
Ranked #20 of 49 Hotels in Alghero
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husand and I stayed here for 11 nights 23rd Sept. 2013 until 3rd Oct. 2013.
The first thing I was delighted about was how near the beach we were... literally a stones throw.
The room was a studio apartment on the fourth floor , but the apartments are next to the hotel and have the full use of the hotel facilities , pool restaurants etc.
The room was clean , functional well equipped , everything worked well , separate bathroom , air con ,T.V, safe included at no extra cost.
Another really handy thing was a well stocked supermarket just across the road which was a great help.
Beach was absolutely beautifil , golden sand ,blue sea and skies every day ...idyllic, the beach was so nice that we never visited the pool once other than to view it, but it was nice if its a pool you're after.
Nightlife was a little below par but that could have been the time we visited which was low season.
Restaurants were good but, my husband is coeliac and lots of the restuarants didn't seem to cater for him and we ended up cooking which is why the supermarket across the road came in so handy and had gluten free items as well as a pharmacy closeby too that was excellently stocked with gluten free items , and the staff here were really kind to us too.
All in all a wonderful holiday and we will return

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Deirdre K
There are newer reviews for Rina Hotel

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I agree with Luis P from Istanbul (see his review July 23.2013). It´s really worthy to avoid this hotel.
The most important thing - hotel personnel steals!!!
My daughter and me were accomodated (from 15.7. - 26.7.2013) in the room without balcony. By the way..each roon at 4stars hotels at the seaside should have it in my opinion. I asked repeatedly at the reception to change me the room for some with the balcony when somebody leaves. In the morning, the 3. day of our stay they told me that it was possible. We had to pack all our things in the "old" room and give them the key at the reception. As the "new" room with the balcony hasn´t been cleaned before our leaving to the beach, they told us that they would move all our luggage from the old room to the new room when we are on the beach, that it´s not necessary to take care of this. It means that we haven´t already had key from the old room and haven´t had key from the new room yet. That´s why I asked at the reception for saving my precious things (documents and cash) at the reception safe. The manager, Mrs. Pelusso, who was present at the reception refused my request and told to the employee at the reception to accompany me to the new room and to place both of my wallets to the room safe. When we entered the room I could see that the former clients had been already moved away but the room hadn´t been cleaned yet. I placed both wallets into the safe, the employee was standing at the balcony door, entered PIN, closed the safe door and we left the room together.
When we returned from the beach we received already the key from our new room. We entered the room and saw our luggage. They were really moved from the old room acc. to our agreement. Then I went immediately to the safe, I wanted to check my things, I entered PIN but the safe door didn´t open and at display appeared notice ERROR. I repeated it 3 times but still the same. I went to reception and the lady accompanied me to the room and opened safe with special key. The safe was empty. I lost all our money, travel documents...Then I spent a lot of time at Carabinieri in Alghero. In their opinion the thief is somebody from the hotel as there was no damage neither at the entrance/balcony door nor at the safe door. The keys from the door have all charwomen but the key from the safe only employees from the reception. The policemen came to the hotel, made some pictures....but that´s all.
I was very unhappy, I had to travel more than 200km to Cagliari to consulate for issuing new documents, we had to borrow from the other Czechs money as we hadn´t nothing.
Attitude of the manager to our problems was very distant and strange. First she even didn´ t want to borrow me money for journey to Cagliari, she wasn´t ready to give me any compensation, nothing. She was still repeating: "Madam, we are big company, we have good insurance (but she refused to tell me the name of their insurance company) and you will receive compensation. You´ll not loose anything". Since that time I contacted her by e-mail if she had already any information from the insurance company but she didn´t answer. Nobody contacted me since our departure, neither from the hotel nor from insurance company. She just waited with impatience for our leaving and showed it ostentatiously.
I lost a lot of money, my holiday was lost...I can´t change it, I can´t do anything. But you can do.
You can choose another hotel and don´t have to risk that somebody from hotel personnel will steal again. And be sure that if it happens again the manager will not help you.
And by the way....the beach closest to the hotel really smells like sewer and it´s necessary to travel to distant beaches if you want to spend pleasant day at the beach without odour.
Lucie Trzaskaliková, Czech Republic

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Lucie T
BluhotelsAssistenza, Customer Care at Rina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Client,

we are really sorry about this unpleasant situation and we would like to explain our point of view.

When you arrived at the hotel, you asked immediately if it was possible to change the room because the first one had no balcony. Not all of our sea view rooms are provided with balcony and the hotel was fully booked during the firsts 2 days of your stay. However, as soon as possible we changed you the room with another one that could satisfy your expectations.
Considering that this new room still needed to be cleaned since the guests who were staying there before you left the same morning, we proposed you to move your luggage from the old room to the new one during the morning after the cleaning. As you prefer to go to the beach, we offered you to put your documents and personal belongings in the safety box of your second room and one of our receptionist accompanied you in the new room and waited for your, of course with his back turned, while you put your belongings in the safety box and pressed the code.
Then, the receptionist left the room with you and asked to the housekeeper to clean the room as soon as possible.
After the cleaning, we moved your luggage in the second room. When your returned from the beach, you received the key for the new room and you tried to open the safety box but it didn’t work. When the receptionist arrived with the special key and unlocked the safety box, you discover together that your personal belongings were not inside it. We would like to underline that the key for the opening of the safety boxes is kept locked at the reception and only the Hotel Manager and the reception staff can use it.

We have to say we do not agree with your statement regarding the attitude of the Hotel staff towards you: they immediately accompanied you to the Carabinieri for the denunciation, helping you with the translation and giving you all the assistance you needed. We think it could be easily understood the reason why we cannot borrow money to our guests.
We are sorry for this situation but it has been an isolated episode. Furthermore there are no proofs regarding the guilt of someone of the hotel. We trust our employees and we know we gave you all the assistance needed. We paid for you the transfer to Cagliari to your embassy and, as soon as you did the denunciation, we contacted immediately our insurance which opened your file and proceed with the evaluation of your request of refund. Unfortunately, there are some bureaucratic times which are independent from Blu Hotels and it could take a long time to have an answer from the Insurance Company it-self. We are aware that these circumstances are unpleasant but we also have to say that we did everything we could in order to help you. Moreover, even today our office has sent a solicit fax message to the insurance company (you will receive a copy by e-mail). Since their office can be contacted only by fax, we will also give you their reference so that you could even verify directly with them the development of your request of refund). We think that this a further example of our interest towards you and the events happened during your stay at the Hotel Rina.

Best regards

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Nice and calm atmosphere, ideal for families, service ok. Beds and bedlamps should be updated. Wi-fi not free. Breakfeast is good but the standard of meals in the restaurant is insuffficient. Transports to the neighbouring supermarket can be disturbing.

Room Tip: Rooms to the street rather noisy because of goods transports
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at hotel Rina for 3 nights and enjoyed it very much, the location was great and the room was clean. The location was the best part with being just a block from the beach and right across the street from a supermarket. We both agreed we would book this hotel again and recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Overall, I have great things to stay about the Hotel Rina. It was clean and very convenient location, if you want to be close to the beach. If you are looking to be nearer the Old Town, bear in mind it is approx a 20 minute walk, but about €10 in a taxi. On arrival, we checked into a room that was not at all appropriate as a 'triple'. It was simply a double room with 3 singles jammed in (or that was the intention as they had not yet made up the room for 3 people and a double bed was still placed here). However, when we went to reception and told them this was not suitable as a triple, they quickly found us another room, with a kithcenette and loads of space. It was exactly what we had in mind for the holiday and the Hotel quickly turned things around. From then on, it was smooth sailing. A beautiful pool (albeit you need to leave towels down at 9.00am, but that is to be expected) and great breakfast buffet. It was minutes from the beach. We went to the 'Lido' to rent our umbrella and sun lounger daily. Was a perfect spot and appeared to be better value than the surrounding areas. It was €5each for our loungers. Overall, Hotel Rina was a good hotel that offered great value. Please bear in mind that you must pay for wifi and can only use in the common areas. No real complaints beyond that.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TracyML81
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked here as we wanted a 4 start hotel near the beach, I'm not sure who awarded this hotel 4 stars, It's a 3 star if that!!
Reception staff are rude and un-interested and fail to tell you thae restaurant is full when you enquire. The swimming pool is small and doesn't have enough loungers, make sure you get up early!! When we checked out and asked about a shower etc before leaving for the airport we were told to shower outdoors in this rusty, dirty shower in full view of the people using the pool.

Also, our apartment was down the road from the hotel reception, pool and restaurant etc. If you wanted somthing from your room you had to go out of the hotel and walk down the road.

All in all, this hotel is pretty poor and was only salvaged by the room being ok, I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank The_Guvnor_11
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I can recommend you this hotel. There are two buildings. The first building is the hotel, reception and swimming pool. The second building is the apparthotel with the flats. We have lived there in the time of our holiday in very nice flat. You can use the pool and poolbar, if you stay in apparthotel. The supermarket is opposite the hotel. A lot of restaurants and bars are around the hotel. You can walk 20 minutes to the old town too and you can have a meal or drinks in some beautiful pizzeria or tavern.
The hotel´s staff is very friendly and the service is perfect. The problem is only on the later check-out with the shower.
There is just 150 m to the beach. You can spend a part of your holiday at the swimming pool too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alghero
Hotel Residence Le Quattro Lune
Alessandro Hotel
Alessandro Hotel
#39 of 40 in Olbia
Borgo Saraceno Hotel Residence & Spa
Borgo Saraceno Hotel Residence &...
#21 of 25 in Santa Teresa Gallura
Residence Bouganvillage
Residence Bouganvillage
#3 of 24 in Budoni
Residence Le Pavoncelle
Residence Le Pavoncelle
#15 of 29 in Santa Teresa Gallura
Residence I Mirti Bianchi

Been to Rina Hotel? Share your experiences!