Review Highlights
Dolphins .... what dolphins ?

Reviewed September 14, 2018
jacqui3323
Manchester, United Kingdom
via mobile
Save your money and more importantly TIME

Don't do this - it was long and tiring. We didn't see any dolphins and I know that they cannot... read more

Reviewed August 16, 2018

from $45.80
from $45.80
from $137.50
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my son went on this trip.. it did not state on the board which advertised the trip that seeing dolphins was not guaranteed, in fact it claims that we will approach and watch the dolphins.... what dolphins ?? This is a total rip off. They didn’t even have the decency to announce anything in English although several on board were English. When I approached them regarding the lack of dolphins at the end of the trip I was told to visit an indoor aquarium if I wanted to be guaranteed a sight of dolphins...They are free in the sea... which this trip was not !!!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

Don't do this - it was long and tiring.
We didn't see any dolphins and I know that they cannot guarantee that, but anyway. The boat was so full people didn't have any place to sit, there was for sure not enough life jackets on the board for everybody. It was only 10 euros but I would highly suggest to take an ice cream or granita instead of this.
We were 1, 5 hours on the sea, going very slowly, seeing some fish farms and Alghero city walls from far but, that's it. Then they stopped for 15min so people could go to the sea and they jumped into the water making then the board of the ship incredibly wet and slippery.
So in the end this trip was a big and long disappointment.

1  Thank Lucia S
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Shortly: Do not go to this trip.
They pack the boat so full that there are people even on the roof, standing, on the rails, everywhere! Safety isn't a topic that matters to the tour guides. No lifejackets either. The boat is super slow, probably because there are too many people on it.

We didn't see any dolphins and it seemed like the tour guides knew nothing about dolphins and they were just quessing "oh they might be near the fish farm". I don't think they really knew anything about dolphins or their natural habitat.

The tour is only in Italian, the crew didn't speak English.

Only nice thing was seeing the city from the sea.

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

Well at "only" 10 euros per person you cannot expect too much. And we cannot blame them that there weren't any dolphins. But the rest of the tour was just a very slow cruise by the city line and a stop at sea where you could jump into the water. The small boat was also too crowded to enjoy the slow trip. So unless you're fine with paying for a chance to see a dolphin I cannot recommend this trip.

1  Thank Terkel O
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This boat trip lasts around 1 1/2 hours and leaves from the marina in Alghero. The trip takes you out to a fish farming area about 2 miles out at sea, that attracts dolphins, then back towards Alghero where you gain a great view of the town; finally the boat makes a 15 minute stop by the town walls for the passengers to swim in the clear waters.

On our visit we did not see any dolphins but never the less felt the trip was very good value and had a most enjoyable afternoon

3  Thank milesopie