“nice and friendley”
Review of Alghero City Hotel

Alghero City Hotel
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Alghero
Reviewed February 13, 2014

All the staff were very nice and helpfull. The room was basic but that was fine . I would stay here again next time bringing my wife and baby.
Alghero itself is a very pretty place but would advise not to go in feb as most places are closed . But all in all a nice break

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
There are newer reviews for Alghero City Hotel

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We decided to take a budget holiday and chose this hotel on the basis of price. The room was clean and airy. Yes, the walls are really thin and could be a little noisy, but take a 99p pair of earplugs and you will not be disturbed. More importantly, you have more money to spend on enjoying yourself when you are there. Staff were friendly and approachable, the hotel was only a short walk from the town and we would stay here again. Didn't have breakfast here or use any other facilities so can't comment.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Some of the previous reviews hive this hotel a very hard time indeed! Firstly, the location is really very good. It's located on a very quiet residential street about a 2 minute stroll from the beach/harbour and 10 minutes to the old town. Parking was very easy indeed. We arrived at 11am and parked right outside the hotel. The receptionist was very friendly when we arrived offering to take our bags and let us change out of our more English climate appropriate clothing!

The room is quite functional but clean and a good size. The air con works very well and there's a nice balcony. They could do with offering a few extra spare pillows but that is my only real complaint!

We've just come back from breakfast which to be honest was something of a feast with pastries, cakes and breads aplenty and a good selection of fruit and cereals. It's also on from 730-11, enough to satisfy even the most lazy of travellers!

This is a reliable hotel which is a little bit chintzy as are most Italian hotels! I recommend it

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank RichardSaxton
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This hotel was great. I stayed for 3 nights and had a wonderful experience. The hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. On the day we checked out the front desk clerk stored our bags so we could still explore and he called a taxi for us when it was time to go back to the airport. Breakfast was delicious. My favorite part about the breakfast was the cappuccino- each one had a design in chocolate on top. The location of the hotel was perfect! It is very close to everything- marina, beach, old town. Everything is a short walking instance. No need to take any taxi cabs. Overall it was excellent. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank minivaca-lover83
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked this hotel only for one day to see how it was. Though service is extremely friendly, I ran into some problems. I extended my stay for another 3 days, as I didn't want to be bothered with finding another hotel, and I couldn't believe that without mentioning anything to me, they charged me a different rate for this 3 nights, which was 15euro more per nite. It was very unprofessional of them not even mentioning it to me that price was changed.
My room was tiny. It was a room for one person, but really, this small even for solo traveler? Yes, the bathroom was in a room, but the size of the shower was ridiculous. I am size 6 and 5.4". I had a hard time moving my arms around. What if a person taller and bigger than that, how do they manage to move in that tiny shower?
Though everything was clean, and it's really like 7 minutes to the beach walk, and historical center is really close, for the price I think it's not worth at all? Also walls are thin. I had 3 quiet nights, but then someone moved in, and at 4 am I heard laugh, things dropped ona floor, and other noices.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank yanochka2
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our expectations were set high in view of the hotel's #1 rating, yet we did not experience the fireworks drawn by our imagination. That said, this is a well-run, neat and friendly hotel with a decent location. And indeed it is popular, booked up months ahead, and they insist to be pre-paid at booking.

Solid choice overall, yet some of the B&Bs (and certainly the Poseidon that we also stayed at) offer a strong alternative.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel has the great location. It is ten minutes walk to the beach, ten minutes walk to the port and 15 minutes walk to the city center.
The hotel was very beautiful and clean with helpful staff. I have got singleroom with bathroom and the balcony. I had the balcony with the view behind the hotel, it is not so nice view like in front of the hotel, but the balcony is much more bigger.
For breakfast were mostly sweet pastries. There was only one type of ham or cheese and eggs.
There is the pizzeria in the hotel too, it is open only two hours in the evening, but the pizza was really very good.

There is a possibility to go to the "Grotte di Nettuno". You can buy the tickets in the port (the travel costs 15 € and the entrance to the cave 13 €). But it's worth it to see it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo