“Nice diving and people”

Capo Galera Diving Center
Ranked #1 of 32 Tours in Alghero
More attraction details
Owner description: Capo Galera is a professional diving center, located near Alghero, but nevertheless far away from everything, in a white villa on the cliff. A unique place where you can live the sea as nowhere else. Even if the highlights of the area are the countless underwater caves and caverns of The Protected Marine Area of Capo Caccia, be prepared to be amazed from the beauty of the Mediterranean marine life at its best! And for those who do not dive yet, there's no better place to take your first breath underwater!
“Nice diving and people”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A nice place to visit with a very complet background and a wonderful staff. You can enjoy nice dives with a well prepared professionals and with a close advice. The places visited are really beautiful and full of history and life...

• Polish first
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Diving in Capo Galera was awesome and stunning! The instructor and the manager in the diving center are super nice and helpful! I had a great fun! Definitely would love to go back againnnn

Zurich, Switzerland
“Super location and cool staff!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The location ist just wonderful - a quite, peacefull place and the staff is very open and friendly. The diving spots where very nice with many caves and a lot of life in there. One of the biggest attractions for me has been the two seahorses in the bay in front of the house which got very seldom in the mediterranean sea. The only thing that is a bit circumstantial and not really good solved is the lift where the divers can put in and take out the tanks; the stairs down in the bay are to high and the gradient of the lift could probably give back-problems. ;-)
But overall I'm very happy to have vistited this part of Sardegna.

Visited April 2014

“excellent!!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

It's a very nice place to dive beautiful things to see.
Very exceptional staff very calm and nice.
Nice rooms even if you only go there to sleep and the day you go diving of course!!!
Their equipement is well mainted.
Nothing to say about it even the food was good. ;)
I loved this week ;);)

Visited September 2013

Trento, Italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing location - great potential - POOR management”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This diving center is at an amazing location with beautiful views. Their equipment is decent and well maintained. The surrounding area is prone to best adventure dives ever, as there are many spectacular caves. The staff is friendly and they are doing their best, so there is everything necessary to make this place the perfect location for amazing experiences.

The main problem with this center is the way it is managed, which focuses mainly on getting the cash instead of providing a good experience to their guests. "We are the best, so we don't need to try harder" attitude on top of this suffices to leave a bad taste despite all the great potential.

The specifics: I decided to do two dives with Capo Galera after some research, and choosing them due to their reputation (with the expense of paying 110 Euros for two dives instead of 90 at another diving center). I have quite a bit of experience, also at various resorts around the world, so I could convince myself that the extra 20 Euros would be worth for a stretch for a better experience. We had a short preparation for borrowing my equipment in the morning after arriving at the center at 8.30 am. At around 9 am, we were 6 people on the RIB, 3 guides and 3 guests. I ended up being the only one using a wet-suit instead of a dry-suit to find out little bit later that I would FREEZE at 13 degrees water temperature. On top of this, the first dive was at a lame rock. This was the bigger part of the disappointment, because although I had explicitly told that I was there for the caves, I was turning a silly rock with poor visibility due to the rain. After freezing and going around for 40 minutes without seeing anything, I finished the dive and decided not to go for the second dive. The friendly and cheerful staff convinced me to go for the second dive at the "La grotta dei fantasmi". This was a good call, as this cave is SPECTACULAR and 17 degrees inside the cave instead of 13 outside (which made all the difference to feel comfortably warm in a wet-suit). It was an amazing dive and a full proof that things can be different.

There are a selection of amazing dive sites in the area, good equipment at the diving center, and sufficient number of staff members. With a small shift of focus, these should be enough to make Capo Galera make its mark. However, my experience was less than satisfactory. (Perhaps, I was unlucky.) That said, I will probably go back to those caves, and under different circumstances, I might reconsider Capo Galera.

1 Thank Ozan K
GMRisso, Proprietario at Capo Galera Diving Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Ozan,

to be really honest with you I'm quite surprised about your negative feedback, first of all cause you are describing the management as POOR, in the end only cause you find our services too expensive. I don't even consider your very sad sentence... people who work in this business never do it for money! There are millions of better jobs for people who focus on "cash" instead of passion! Believe me! Great responsibility, long working hours, 7/7 and very little money.

I guess the environmental condition cannot be management responsibility, right? In the beginning of May visibility is not very good, i agree, and water is very cold. But we never give wrong informations to cheat our divers! It would be a very bad marketing strategy.

You paid for 2 dives with full equipment rental and lamp 100,00€ instead of 126,00€: more then 20% discount for only 2 dives. 10,00€ were for the shuttle service from Alghero, big time cheaper then to get a taxi from town.

Defining our equipment as "decent" I find it quite an understatement: I do not know how many others diving centers you've visited with all brand new equipment at the beginning of each season. Not well "maintained": brand new!

We also had dry suits for rental, but of course it would have cost more. Anyway you are an experienced diver, but all beginners we take diving use only wetsuit from beginning of April. No doubt: it's cold! It's the Med in May.

I really doubt saving that 10,00€ would have brought you to a better experience in this moment of the year: no other dive centers of the area are full operating as we are in the beginning of May, providing to 3 customers 3 team members taking care of them, and offering therefore the possibility to dive a very special cave as the Ghosts' one, where higher supervision and professionalism is required.

The attitude of the team, the choice of the sites, the quality of the equipment, the outfit of the location, is all management responsibility. If you were happy with some of these things then the management in the end was not so POOR. All this cost a lot, and unfortunately we do not like very much people bagging for discount cause they underestimate our work. This is maybe what you felt! We try HARDER every day! And the prove is that yours is a lone voice.

If you would have dived the next day with another company I'm quite sure you would have reconsider your review.

What i can only hope, is to host you here once again, in condition more suitable to you, convinced you'll leave with a completely different "taste".

Best regards